Solved

Seriously consider before you think about switching

• 21 October 2017
  • 8 replies

Experienced nothing but hassle and frustration attempting to make this company my energy supplier. Obstructions at every opportunity. All I want is to have a hassle free switchover but have made more than complicated. I only have one meter but this lot say I have two.I have had clear advice stating Pure Planet should accept the switch but still the company refuse to accept. I am pursuing a Formal Charge as Pure Planet do not do what they should. Not a good start for a new supplier,and one that the needs the company to accept responsibility.
icon

Best answer by Toby 24 October 2017, 19:27

Hi @HST43179,
I completely appreciate that you only have one meter, but on our system it shows to have 2 different supplies going to it (I can send you this info via a direct message if you wish?). As we're still starting out and growing as a company, we are still working on being able to incorporate more and more kinds of meter.

Unfortunately, we cannot bring your meter onto our supply on a technical level just yet. It may look and behave like an ordinary meter to you, but it behaves in a slightly different way from an energy supplier's point of view. Other companies may have no issue as they have created a method for supplying it. We're still working on doing this for meters such as yours, as we want to make sure any and all members can join us. I fully appreciate that this is not ideal for you right now and I'm sorry about that. We're working hard to incorporate more kinds of meters.
View original

8 replies

Hi @HST43179,

Perhaps we can help here in the Community. Can you please confirm what type of energy member you are? Electricity only or dual fuel?

If you are dual fuel it's normal for us to ask for two readings. This way we can settle your account with your previous supplier.
Hello Gabriel,

Thank you for taking the time to reply, especially on a Saturday.

The issue I have is...

I only need electricity.

There's only one meter in the house

National database however says 2 meters though both have the same meter number

Liam at Pure Planet said there's nothing that can be done.

Advice received is that there is all the information ℹ have passed on is sufficient and there is no reason why we should begin trading.

This is where we are and I am running out of time to get this resolved.

Please help.
No worries, @HST43179.

I'll speak to the team to understand if anything can be done. Bear with me.

Have a good weekend.
Hi @HST43179, I've checked in on this issue and now know that you're in conversation with a member of the team. Feel free to DM me at any point to chat or ask any other questions or post here in the community.
Hi @HST43179, I’ve looked into this with the team and can see they've sent you a reply. I hope the explanation provided makes sense.

At present, we only have the ability to take on single-supplied meters. We understand other suppliers may be able to; it's something we don't offer yet. If you’d like to join us (and this info goes for anyone else in the same position too) one option you have is to contact your current supplier and arrange for them to close one of your supplies down and configure/change your meter to run on one supply. This would be the only way at the moment that we can switch your supply. I hope this offers a better explanation of the situation. Any other questions, do let me know.
Hi Toby
I have repeatedly told you I only have one meter. Why can't this go through. I really want you to supply electricity but you don't accept what I mean telling you. There is one meter and one meter number. This has never been an issue before. I am running out of time to get power and as a vulnerable person I depend on electricity.
Please help and stop blocking me with inaccurate information.
Hi @HST43179,
I completely appreciate that you only have one meter, but on our system it shows to have 2 different supplies going to it (I can send you this info via a direct message if you wish?). As we're still starting out and growing as a company, we are still working on being able to incorporate more and more kinds of meter.

Unfortunately, we cannot bring your meter onto our supply on a technical level just yet. It may look and behave like an ordinary meter to you, but it behaves in a slightly different way from an energy supplier's point of view. Other companies may have no issue as they have created a method for supplying it. We're still working on doing this for meters such as yours, as we want to make sure any and all members can join us. I fully appreciate that this is not ideal for you right now and I'm sorry about that. We're working hard to incorporate more kinds of meters.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hi HST43179
can you post a photo of the meter taken from a suitable distance so that the wiring can be seen? Also stick a bit of paper over the meter number if you can as that's personal info.
I'm asking because what's been said regarding the meter having two supplies doesn't make sense technically. I'm wondering if the meter database is wrong and as per the earlier reply you'll need to get that corrected. Unfortunately this is out of the hands of PP, they can only go by the information they have because their billing system isn't structured for multiple supplies.
I would suggest manually adding the "phantom" supply and meter (if it phantom) to the same account and nullifying any charges as a solution but I'll bet Ofgem won't allow such a solution.
HST43179;716:
Hi Toby
I have repeatedly told you I only have one meter. Why can't this go through. I really want you to supply electricity but you don't accept what I mean telling you. There is one meter and one meter number. This has never been an issue before. I am running out of time to get power and as a vulnerable person I depend on electricity.
Please help and stop blocking me with inaccurate information.