Solved

sending an energy switch reference number as I has switched provider

• 17 July 2021
  • 8 replies

I have just moved into a new house and switched the energy provider... my new energy provider said I needed to give pure planet an Energy Switch reference number..... how do I do this?

icon

Best answer by 25 quid 18 July 2021, 17:17

Hi @Sheepinskie,

That’s not a process that sounds familiar. You can normally swap to a new provider without any input from the current provider (unless you owe them money). See

or

When you move into a new house, you become the deemed customer of the previous supplier (PP I assume). So make sure you setup a new account to initially pay PP before switching to your preferred supplier.

View original

8 replies

I need to give pure planet my energy reference number... how do I do this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi

if you mean your meter serial numbers, they should be on the front of each of your meters , or on your statements

Userlevel 6
Badge

A couple of suggestions off the top of my head.

1. Copy the number shown on your energy statement/current energy provider online account.
  2. Use an online supply search, such as https://www.westernpower.co.uk/ - click below “Who is my supplier” and provide a house number/name and street. This will give your MPAN. If you’re not in WPD’s operating area look for who the relevant company is for your area.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I need to give pure planet my energy reference number... how do I do this?

@Sheepinskie

Have PP asked you for the information? 

In reply to your question the best way is to use wattbot which is PP’s customer services.

Log in, go to help>ask a Question, type message the team and supply the info. I would recommend adding a photo of your meter(s) showing the serial on the front.

It should say your message is passed to the team when you’ve submitted.

By energy reference number they can only mean your MPAN and MPRN which are your supply numbers.

• MPAN stands for Meter Point Administration Number - it's for electricity
  • MPRN stands for Meter Point Reference Number - it's for gas

These appear on your previous statements (and sometimes but not always on older meters)

If you don’t have access to a previous statement then post back for advice or as mentioned above you may be able to find it online.

They look like this

Hi @Sheepinskie,

That’s not a process that sounds familiar. You can normally swap to a new provider without any input from the current provider (unless you owe them money). See

or

When you move into a new house, you become the deemed customer of the previous supplier (PP I assume). So make sure you setup a new account to initially pay PP before switching to your preferred supplier.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Marc @Mads , can you amalgamate @Sheepinskie 2 threads please? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@Sheepinskie 

bearing in mind your question changes with each post, (so rather unclear), IF your energy switch has gone ahead and there has not been an objection by PP, you will eventually receive a bill for the time you were with PP. HOWEVER

What I suspect here is that PP don’t know who you are yet so they will probably object.

Your easiest route is to follow THIS link register with PP, set up a dd with them and your switch will happen without issue. 

Of course that is just a guess based on your somewhat unclear posts (that is not a criticism by the way)

Make sure you keep photographic records of meter reading when you moved in and now and when your switch happens.

Hello @Sheepinskie 

Thanks for posting and welcome to Community!

I have merged your posts into one place so that it’s easier for you to keep track of the wonderful advice from other Community members - thank you for flagging @Angelabikerbabe.

Thanks everyone for jumping in to help @Sheepinskie - I think @Antski and @woz have hit the nail on the head here. It’s most likely that your new supplier wants to know your MPAN and MPRN - we don’t have switch reference numbers. 

You can find you MPAN and MPRN on your statements or online - as laid out by @Antski and @woz. You can send these to your new supplier and double check this is what they were after. If you need anything else just jump back on here or contact our Member Services team on our app via ‘help’ then ‘ask a question’.

I hope this helps and that your move is going well! :relaxed: