Solved

Pure Planet 17 day Switch

• 28 September 2020
  • 2 replies

I have just moved into a new house that's energy provider is Pure Planet. When I went to set up an account with them however it says it will take 17 days to switch but I dont understand why there will be a switch as Pure planet is the current provider. I only want to set up this account so I can switch to a different energy provider and need to do so as soon as possible. Can someone please help.

icon

Best answer by woz 28 September 2020, 15:49

@markmarkmarkmark 

It’s ofgem regulation,  when you moved in you are  then a deemed customer whoever the supplier.

Quite reasonably the deemed provider want to be sure who you are and that you’ll pay and there has to be a mandatory cooling off period

That’s how it works with every provider, to safeguard both the customers and the providers.

I don’t really understand your concern, there can be almost no financial downside (there may even be an upside) over the 17 days as you will only pay PP or whoever the provider is for the time you’re responsible for the energy at the property and the energy you use (and your new supplier may or may not be more expensive).

Ofgem set the rules here,  not PP.

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi
You're talking to fellow PP customers on this forum, and as such we don't have access to customers accounts. But we will help if we can

Heres a link which may prove useful to you:

https://community.purepla.net/moving-home-42/moving-in-property-supplied-by-pure-planet-10312

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@markmarkmarkmark 

It’s ofgem regulation,  when you moved in you are  then a deemed customer whoever the supplier.

Quite reasonably the deemed provider want to be sure who you are and that you’ll pay and there has to be a mandatory cooling off period

That’s how it works with every provider, to safeguard both the customers and the providers.

I don’t really understand your concern, there can be almost no financial downside (there may even be an upside) over the 17 days as you will only pay PP or whoever the provider is for the time you’re responsible for the energy at the property and the energy you use (and your new supplier may or may not be more expensive).

Ofgem set the rules here,  not PP.