Solved

pre switch cost of supply increased

• 30 October 2020
  • 8 replies

Due to switch in 10 days time but according to my smart meter my daily cost of supply have nearly doubled over the last couple of weeks. Why is this?

icon

Best answer by stephenrand 30 October 2020, 13:03

Hi there Simon @Simon Howarth 

A starter question - are you switching to Pure Planet, or from Pure Planet?

Stephen

(If you are switching to Pure Planet, then before your switch if the issue is anything to do with your supplier, which I doubt, it will be your old supplier)

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi there Simon @Simon Howarth 

A starter question - are you switching to Pure Planet, or from Pure Planet?

Stephen

(If you are switching to Pure Planet, then before your switch if the issue is anything to do with your supplier, which I doubt, it will be your old supplier)

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

hi @Simon Howarth  and welcome to the community.

Assuming you are switching to PP,  your switch will be at the rates in the quote you accepted, if it’s fixed it’s fixed for a year, if variable then it will not change until there is a price change, and new variable customers have rates fixed for 2 months (I think?) so ignore the in home display.

I don’t work for PP.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Simon Howarth 

A further thought, if you are switching to Pure Planet, have you come to the end of a fixed rate contract with your present supplier. If you have it's more than likely that your rates have increased and your IHD has been reprogrammed accordingly

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @Simon Howarth 

A further thought, if you are switching to Pure Planet, have you come to the end of a fixed rate contract with your present supplier. If you have it's more than likely that your rates have increased and your IHD has been reprogrammed accordingly

@Duppy good point, I should have read the original post properly, otoh I still don’t understand what the post means, if it refers to a supplier other than PP why post it in here and if it refers to PP then maybe @Simon Howarth is switching away, was on a variable tariff and was subjected to the last price increase. You need a crystal ball sometimes...(or two if male)

according to my smart meter my daily cost of supply have nearly doubled over the last couple of weeks. Why is this?

Hi @Simon Howarth 

Asking what may seem the ‘obvious question’ as we’re moving towards winter-time - are you using more electricity/gas than you were previously?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@stephenrand @Duppy @Gwyndy @Simon Howarth @woz 

Why is this thread marked as solved?

I vote for more speculation.

Just saying….

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

There are many unanswered questions here. I'm afraid it will stay unresolved until @Simon Howarth  answers them, until then it's just quess work

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

is quess work the same as guess work? I quess so…

I think we should offer a prize for the best quess if we ever find out..my money is on @Duppy