Solved

Please help with switch!

• 20 November 2020
  • 1 reply

Hi there, 

I moved into my flat on 3rd October and Pure Planet were the previous provider. I had asked my landlord for the previous supplier before the move in date but he never got back to me so I was unable to make the switch right away. I want to switch to E.ON and they made the request to switch but were blocked due to unpaid money from this address. Shortly after this I received paper bills for 13th August - 13th September and then 13th September - 12th August. However, I had not lived here for most of this time. I contacted Pure Planet and they said not to worry about this and that they would send a new bill once E.ON requested again however, E.ON will not request until this bill is paid. However, I have contacted Pure Planet and they still haven’t sent a bill it has been well over the 4-6 week period they said it would take. I have set up an account but I am still unable to receive this bill.

As I have set up this account I am worried that I am going to be unable to leave the tariff I have selected as this has been so difficult to leave. I have tried speaking to the bot but it hasn’t been to answer what I have asked so referred me to the team who I haven't got any replies from. 

Would someone please be able to give me some guidance or advice or just point me in the right direction of who to speak to I really really just want to pay my bill and I am worried about it coming out in such a large bill sum.

Any help would be so greatly appreciated. 

Many thanks!

icon

Best answer by woz 21 November 2020, 01:49

@Jess0710 Did the bot say  your message would be passed to the team, replies are taking 3 working days.

I understand your frustration, what you should do is to set up an account with PP (see link below) then use wattbot to communicate using the app. They can’t take a direct debit you haven’t agreed to, (you have the DD guarantee for that), but in any event the reason for the block is they want to ensure you’re going to pay them something, they can’t know the final amount until some weeks after your switch to e.on is complete

Then once joined use wattbot to send proof of when it became  your responsibility for paying at that property and they should amend the account accordingly. Did you take readings and photos when you moved in? If not do so now.

Just to correct you, (semantics really), when you moved in you became a deemed customer of PP (as you would with any energy co) so PP is your current supplier and will be until you are able to switch. You’ll be charged from the start of your moving in to when you switch out. If it’s any consolation I very much doubt that there will be any or very little financial repercussion from the delay, PP are competitive.

I really don’t understand the advice you were given, it makes no sense (as you pointed out, unless I’ve misunderstood). E.on will have no involvement in your billing to PP, the only thing e.on will need is meter readings when you switch, and those are what PP will charge to as your final readings.

https://community.purepla.net/moving-home-42/moving-in-property-supplied-by-pure-planet-10312

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@Jess0710 Did the bot say  your message would be passed to the team, replies are taking 3 working days.

I understand your frustration, what you should do is to set up an account with PP (see link below) then use wattbot to communicate using the app. They can’t take a direct debit you haven’t agreed to, (you have the DD guarantee for that), but in any event the reason for the block is they want to ensure you’re going to pay them something, they can’t know the final amount until some weeks after your switch to e.on is complete

Then once joined use wattbot to send proof of when it became  your responsibility for paying at that property and they should amend the account accordingly. Did you take readings and photos when you moved in? If not do so now.

Just to correct you, (semantics really), when you moved in you became a deemed customer of PP (as you would with any energy co) so PP is your current supplier and will be until you are able to switch. You’ll be charged from the start of your moving in to when you switch out. If it’s any consolation I very much doubt that there will be any or very little financial repercussion from the delay, PP are competitive.

I really don’t understand the advice you were given, it makes no sense (as you pointed out, unless I’ve misunderstood). E.on will have no involvement in your billing to PP, the only thing e.on will need is meter readings when you switch, and those are what PP will charge to as your final readings.

https://community.purepla.net/moving-home-42/moving-in-property-supplied-by-pure-planet-10312