Solved

Ovo still owe me some money but they are waiting for the last reading

• 18 March 2019
  • 4 replies

Hi Marc. I seem to be having problems in contacting someone at pure planet. I have already wrote to you asking how to get in touch.. But at this moment i am unable to get in to my community account. I had an account with ovo, then went over to pure planet. I have since found out. months down the line. Ovo still owe me some money but they are waiting for the last reading from pure planet. But i have been sending meter readings to pure planet and they have been taking £81.00 a month of me since September/October time last year or sooner can not remember . Help what can i do.
Regards Susan.
icon

Best answer by Marc 18 March 2019, 12:23

susandixon17;25995:
Hi Marc. I seem to be having problems in contacting someone at pure planet. I have already wrote to you asking how to get in touch.. But at this moment i am unable to get in to my community account. I had an account with ovo, then went over to pure planet. I have since found out. months down the line. Ovo still owe me some money but they are waiting for the last reading from pure planet. But i have been sending meter readings to pure planet and they have been taking £81.00 a month of me since September/October time last year or sooner can not remember . Help what can i do.
Regards Susan.

Hi @susandixon17
Welcome to the community!
(FYI I've moved your post to a new threa).
I can see that you've been able to access the community to post here. What is the issue about your community account?

Re OVO. Have you been in touch with our Member services team about this? It takes up to six weeks for opening readings to be verified and sent to both your new supplier (us) and your old supplier. Unless we've raised a reading dispute on your behalf.
View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9
susandixon17;25995:
Regards Susan.

Hi Susan

It's your first post, so welcome to the Pure Planet community! When you post here, you're speaking to all your fellow customers - and Marc, who may well see this tomorrow and reply.

I'm not 100% sure what you mean by community account. If you can open the app, the way to communicate with Pure Planet is to go to Help, click on Wattbot, put 'message the team' in the subject line and explain the problem. They will get back to you, usually within two working days.

They will help sort out the problem with OVO I'm sure, but in the meantime if you go to the app, click on the three lines top right, you can see, under balance and payments exactly what you have paid Pure Planet, and when.

Hope this helps
Stephen
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hi Susan
Is Pure Planet taking a Direct debit from you? Did you join PP using the App. I'm asking because I want to be sure you are actually getting your energy from PP.
If you are I suggest you get in touch with OVO immediately and tell them to stop taking the DD or reduce it to nothing. Ask them what your credit is and if it's substantial tell them you want an immediate part refund ask them to roughly estimate what you owe, add £50 and refund the rest. If your credit is substantial and they won't refund part of it contact your bank and reclaim some of the direct debits, leaving OVO with enough to pay your bill plus a bit. Don't cancel the DD if they owe you they won't be able to refund.

In the meanwhile as suggested go to help in the app, but I'm sure @Marc Will be along later.
I can't understand how this has dragged on so long, which is why I'm asking you to check you are actually a PP customer.
susandixon17;25995:
Regards Susan.
susandixon17;25995:
Regards Susan.

Hi @susandixon17
Welcome to the community!
(FYI I've moved your post to a new threa).
I can see that you've been able to access the community to post here. What is the issue about your community account?

Re OVO. Have you been in touch with our Member services team about this? It takes up to six weeks for opening readings to be verified and sent to both your new supplier (us) and your old supplier. Unless we've raised a reading dispute on your behalf.
Hi Susan I am assuming although your Direct Debit with Ovo that they are not taking out any money from your account but you are in credit with them and that’s right they will not refund this money until they receive your opening meter readings with your new supplier ie.Pure Planet and Ovo can then supply you with a final bill le@ding to them refunding your credit,so it is Pure Planets responsibly to give this information and I would suggest you send them a message through the wattbot messaging system asking them to put pressure on Ovo so that do send you your final bill so you can move forward by getting your money back.I have had a similar problem and it does take a long time for readings to be validated and it is out of P.P.hands until validation done very frustrating,with regards to your D.D.with Ovo check your bank account to see when the last time they took money out of your account.GTJ