Solved

Opening meter reading Incorrect

Despite my gas opening meter reading and photo evidence it has come back 709 higher than it was. This has led to a huge final bill from the landlords previous supplier. I think i've opened a reading dispute through the chat. How long do I expect to be waiting for this to be resolved? My current reading a month later is still not even that high 😭

icon

Best answer by 25 quid 10 March 2021, 22:05

Hi @Martily1990,

As long at the Wattbot chat bot said it had forwarded the message to the team, you should hear back within 3 days. If not, head back and type Message the team...

View original

11 replies

Hi @Martily1990,

As long at the Wattbot chat bot said it had forwarded the message to the team, you should hear back within 3 days. If not, head back and type Message the team...

Hi @Martily1990 
Just to add to @25 quid’s answer, although you may hear back from the Team in 3 working days, actually getting the dispute itself resolved may take longer, the process around the ‘verification’ of meter readings, is detailed here:
Switching energy suppliers - what happens when you switch | Community (purepla.net)

Kindest Regards
Gwyndy

Hey @Martily1990 and welcome to the Community :blush:

Looks like you’ve received good advice from @25 quid and @Gwyndy already! 

The FAQ @Gwyndy’s linked to explains what happens with your readings when you switch, so I think you’ll find it really useful. As soon as we receive your opening reading we send it away to a go through an independent validation process. Sometimes, readings fail and we’re sent an estimate to use instead.

It sounds like with a reading dispute opened the team are already getting this sorted for you - reading disputes can take up to 12 weeks to resolve. 

I’ve just noticed today when entering my readings for my Gas/Electric that my opening Gas reading is incorrect even though I supplied a photo. I’m a little disappointed as I’m currently trying to sort out my previous account with Scottish Power(who took over my Yorkshire Energy account and credit I had with them. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@value4money 

Your start meter readings are sent to an independent company to be verified, and they have a tolerance of, Electric 250 kWh and Gas 108 m3. If the readings are outside this tolerance you can open a reading dispute via Wattbot in the help and support section

Thanks Duppy. My Gas reading is out by 183 m3 so will be in contact on Monday.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@value4money 

take photos if you haven’t already done so.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

It's worth mentioning that the same reading must be used for the closing reading for your previous supplier and the start reading for PP, do Check your final statement reading matches. You don't pay for the same energy twice, and any cost difference is only the difference in your old and new unit price,.

3 Months later and I’m still waiting for an outcome. 

Did you get in touch and raise a dispute via Wattbot?

Hi @value4money 

Thanks for updating us! A read dispute can take up to 12 weeks to resolve - if you want to check on any updates for your reading being changed I’d recommend getting back in touch with the team. To do this go via WattBot again, which can be found under ‘help’ then ‘ask a question’ on our website or app. Type ‘message the team’ along with a message to explain you’d like to check for updates on your read dispute, and you’ll hear back within 3 working days. 

I hope this helps!