Solved

Opening meter reading

• 10 August 2020
  • 3 replies

My account opens as of today. I have a smart meter so I believe you can get opening readings from there. I did submit my electricity opening reading but the gas from my smart meter reader was stated in terms of kwh rather than units m3. Do you have the info you need from the smart meter?

icon

Best answer by Mavis1 10 August 2020, 15:33

Hello and welcome.

It is unlikely PP will get the readings as they are not allowed to access the meters until the switch has completed. 

Are you taking the readings from the actual meters as these will give the reading in m3 its best not to use the in home display as it may give incorrect info.

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi
You're talking to fellow PP customers on this forum, and as such we don't have access to customers accounts.

If I was you, I would send your readings directly to the team via Wattbot, with photos.

if you go to the app and click on the 3 lines at the top right, then click on help, then ask Wattbot, 

Then you need to type in 'message the team' .

It will then offer you a few options of faq, if none apply - then click on the box that says 'message the team',

Then wait until you see the reply from Wattbot saying 'OK, I've passed our conversation to the team. Anything to add? Send it below and the team will see it.'

You can then type in your message (and any photos), then send it

Might take a couple of days to get back to you, but they will

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hello and welcome.

It is unlikely PP will get the readings as they are not allowed to access the meters until the switch has completed. 

Are you taking the readings from the actual meters as these will give the reading in m3 its best not to use the in home display as it may give incorrect info.

Hey @Bulldozer 

Good advice from @Jon1 - you may also find our guide to reading your smart meters helpful, to make sure you can get your gas readings in M3 :slight_smile: