Question

No response on switch request

• 12 October 2020
  • 6 replies

I requested a switch to Pure Planet via comparethemarket on 27th August but have heard nothing since. My existing supplier will put me on a variable tariff in 2 days time if the switch is not made. What is happening?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi
You're talking to fellow PP customers on this forum, and as such we don't have access to customers accounts. But we will help if we can.

Heres a link for you to have a look at:

https://community.purepla.net/switching-supplier-30/switching-to-pure-planet-from-a-price-comparison-website-10438

Did you confirm the verification email PP sent you, to confirm the switch, as per these instructions? 

I cannot locate a verification email from PP to confirm the switch.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Have you checked your junk/spam folder?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

hi @TonyTof 

Not much point in checking as it will have timed out by now, so even if you find it I doubt it would still work

That said, @Nataly how long is the time out period please?

I’m afraid you’ll need to re-apply (and the prices have since gone up).

w.I requested a switch to Pure Planet via comparethemarket on 27th August but have heard nothing since. My existing supplier will put me on a variable tariff in 2 days time if the switch is not made. What is happening?

As a switch takes 17 days (14 day mandatory cooling off period, 3 days for the switch), I’m sorry to say you are doomed to go on your existing supplier’s variable tariff at least temporarily now.

Hey @woz 

It really depends on whether there’s a particular promotion with the price comparison site and whether new tariffs have since been introduced - in this case @TonyTof I think you’d need to start a new switch to Pure Planet, if you’d like :relaxed:

When you initiate the switch, we send an email to verify your account - once complete, we email a ‘Welcome Pack’ with all of your switch info. There’s more detail on that in our FAQs here, hope that helps!