Solved

Nighware leaving pure planet

• 20 September 2021
  • 6 replies

I am trying to switch away from pure planet

My switch to anothe provider has been recorded / completed 5 days ago in the national energy database however Pure is pretending to still be my electricity provider, have taken further money via direct debit

Customer service is as usual (ABSENT) and take ages to even respond to an email. In case some pure planet staff can read this and reach out this would be great. Will be starting a complaint procedure soon

icon

Best answer by Duppy 20 September 2021, 12:05

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi 
You're talking to fellow PP customers on this forum, and as such we don't have access to customers accounts. But we will help if we can.

A switch normally takes up to 6 weeks to complete, as all the details have to go through a 3rd party verifier. 

Because it takes this long, sometimes you end up paying 1 DD to PP and 1 DD to your old supplier. (But,.you are not paying for the same energy twice.)

Once the switch has completed, and if you are in credit with your previous supplier, they will issue your final bill, they will refund you. (Or if you owe them, they'll take a final payment)

Don't cancel your DD, because they won't be able to refund you then.

https://community.purepla.net/switching-supplier-30/switching-suppliers-what-happens-when-you-switch-10298

The general advice about not cancelling direct debit is a pretty bad one as it allows providers with sub par admin process to “by mistake” fund their working capital on the back of their customers. I guess it is fait game if the customer is leaving

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@Jeff P 

Pure Planet are not "pretending " to be your supplier, a switch 5 days before your direct debit date will not leave enough time to cancel the direct debit and it needs  to be left open to pay any credit or take payment after the final bill is produced, which can take up to 6 weeks but normally sooner.

Any overpayment will be refunded.

Thank you for the response @Duppy 

When I say “pretend to be my supplier”, I meant that they have not updated the customer section of the website and still say that they provide my electricty (for some reason they recorded the gas switch).

I have not observed any such behaviour in the past from other suppliers. None where perfect but when I told them I was leaving they stopped charging. Pure was informed 15 days ago but as you know switch take time

Anyway as I cannot know for sure whether someone is treating this carfully and nobody on this forum can access the details, I will lodge a complaint right away. That’s the only way I can take it with ofgem after that

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@Jeff P 

Dual fuel switches rarely happen at the same time, in my instance it was a week after my electric before my gas switched when I switched to PP.

Even though you may have informed them 15 days ago, the switch doesn't happen until it happens, you could have changed your mind, and PP can only act after the event

The switch has happened and it recorded in the national database (which seems to be the canon for those matters). Data from my meter is also going to the new provider if anything

Thanks for your time and insight @Duppy . I have now opened a complaint so this will get resolved