Solved

New to Pure Planet

• 3 November 2020
  • 9 replies

Hi,

I have just switched to Pure Planet and I am trying to refund my last payment made to Octopus as I have currently paid 2 energy bills (one for Octopus and another one for Pure Planet). However, it seems Octopus is waiting the final reading related to electricity only as gas reading has been submitted. 

Quick question, why only the gas reading was submitted? What about the electricity reading?

I am trying to close this issue since 21st October 2020 but Octopus is always stating they are waiting for Pure Planet to provide the reading?

Please can you let me know when the reading will be sent to Octopus so I can close this issue?

Thanks

Regards

Fabio

icon

Best answer by woz 3 November 2020, 19:43

hi @Fabio Oshiro 

it can take up to 6 weeks for the previous supplier to produce a final bill during which time they will continue to charge you, you should contact them and ask them if they can reduce the DD until the final bill is produced, patience is required. The readings are verified by a 3rd party it takes time.

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

hi @Fabio Oshiro 

it can take up to 6 weeks for the previous supplier to produce a final bill during which time they will continue to charge you, you should contact them and ask them if they can reduce the DD until the final bill is produced, patience is required. The readings are verified by a 3rd party it takes time.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I forgot to add this

https://community.purepla.net/switching-supplier-30/switching-suppliers-what-happens-when-you-switch-10298

Octopus have asked me to contact Pure Plant and you are asking me to contact them. Please can you make sure the first statement provided in this link is followed? My complain is about the time it is taking for the electricity reading to be confirmed to Octopus. If this is really the issue...6 weeks to close out a transition bill seems excessive.

message ftom the link:

We handle the entire switching process for you - there’s no need to contact your previous supplier, and no need for an engineer to visit the property. The lights will stay on. 

Regards

Fabio

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @Fabio Oshiro 

Reading through this thread suggests that a little more explanation might be helpful?

It's worth knowing that when you post here you are not talking directly to Pure Planet but to your fellow customers. No-one here has access to your account details.

When Woz suggested contacting Octopus I think he was advising that simply if you wanted to avoid paying two direct debits while you are waiting to get this sorted. When it is sorted you will get any refund due, you won't pay twice for any energy usage.

The fact that this can take up to six weeks is an industry-wide process, nothing to do specifically with Pure Planet.

Details of how to contact Pure Planet are below, but I think I'd wait until six weeks after the date the switch was completed. Up to you!

Regards

Stephen

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Octopus have asked me to contact Pure Plant and you are asking me to contact them. Please can you make sure the first statement provided in this link is followed? My complain is about the time it is taking for the electricity reading to be confirmed to Octopus. If this is really the issue...6 weeks to close out a transition bill seems excessive.

message ftom the link:

We handle the entire switching process for you - there’s no need to contact your previous supplier, and no need for an engineer to visit the property. The lights will stay on. 

Regards

Fabio

Having read your reply I’m unsure if there is  some sort of  understanding issue at play here. (either way, you or me). This isn’t customer services it’s the community, we don’t work for Pure Planet.

You’re complaining about the fact that Octopus haven’t received your reading. I think I understand your question(or I thought I had)

I’ve explained that it can take up to 6 weeks for the final bill to be produced (and even a little longer after that for any refund by the way). Sometimes it can be a shorter time.

It’s only 13 days from 21st Oct, (but then I don’t know what date your switch occurred?)

The community don’t have access to your account, only you do, so if you want to find out what’s going on with your readings you will need to contact PP as described, but I’m pointing out to you in the nicest way that your enquiry is possibly premature, the readings are verified by a third party, it takes time and patience is required, so if you’ve just switched you have the option of either using help and support>wattbot to send a message and then waiting several days for a reply, or, in my opinion if it’s only a couple of weeks,  the better option is to read the original reply I typed, contact Octopus to protect yourself against a further DD if they agree, and wait a week or two before chasing this, by which time it will  probably resolve.

I’m really not sure that I’ve understood the point you’re trying to make in your reply?

Userlevel 5

I would leave a message for team on the pure planet app if you have access to it and type " speak to an advisor " in wattbot the little computer icon in corner bottom right usually and let the team know your problem and they should be able to help out and will get back to you.  I have tagged a moderator incase you have problems.

@Nataly 

Good luck

Ryan

Badge +1

Welcome @Fabio Oshiro 👋👋

Yes, it could take a few weeks to sort it all out but you've joined a great supplier so its worth it !!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hello Fabio, I agree with the above Community comments- switching energy suppliers is a slow process but you’re in good hands with Pure Planet as they genuinely care about their customers. The switching process, which is the same whatever company is involved, needs to be streamlined and brought into the 21st century. For you, keep posting here as there are many long time customers who know all the switching pitfalls and will help where they can. This will be sorted and you will get any refund due to you from your previous supplier. 
Regards 

Hey @Fabio Oshiro and welcome to the Community :relaxed:

Looks like you’ve received lots of really helpful replies from other Members! 

It’s spot on that it can take up to 6 weeks to receive your final bill whenever you switch supplier - that’s because of an industry-wide process to verify your readings, in place to make sure you never pay for the same energy twice. 

We have more info on that process here (nice one @woz for linking to this above, too!) :thumbsup:

If you’ve not received your final bill after 6 weeks, you could then get in touch with us to look into your readings. 

Hope that helps!