Solved

New home: Only took meter reading on move in for day rate

• 16 September 2020
  • 2 replies

Hi everyone,

I moved to a new place last week, and before moving requested to switch to PurePlanet at the address- I will switch over from the previous tenant’s provider on the 19th.

On move in day, I took a meter reading ready to send to Pure Planet and the previous provider. However, I have not had a two-rate system before and only took the day rate reading and not the night rate reading. I only realised this when PurePlanet asked me to enter my readings yesterday.

Any advice on what to do here? I have now taken both readings, but I have now been at the address for a little over a week.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best, 

Kaite

icon

Best answer by woz 16 September 2020, 19:18

@K.Fensome01 

They’ll estimate it from the day of switchover so I think given the timescale  all will be OK.

If you want to cover yourself use wattbot in help and support when logged in and send a confirmatory message to the team. Persist through instant bot replies until it says your message has been sent. (replies not instant)

...and take photos of the meters showing the readings.

...it’s  best to wait until you’re in to switch, the extra days make little difference, you’ll still be liable to pay the existing provider from the day you took responsibility up to the switch date.

View original

2 replies

Just to add- the app doesn’t allow me to move forward without entering both rates, so I’m a bit stuck.

I am guessing that PurePlanet/the previous provider will have to estimate the night rate usage for the final bill, but there’s no way to move forward with that option on the app

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@K.Fensome01 

They’ll estimate it from the day of switchover so I think given the timescale  all will be OK.

If you want to cover yourself use wattbot in help and support when logged in and send a confirmatory message to the team. Persist through instant bot replies until it says your message has been sent. (replies not instant)

...and take photos of the meters showing the readings.

...it’s  best to wait until you’re in to switch, the extra days make little difference, you’ll still be liable to pay the existing provider from the day you took responsibility up to the switch date.