Solved

New home

Hello

I just moved into a new home supplied by Pure Planet and I need some assistance with reading my smart meter. Not being very tech savvy I am having difficulties viewing my account details on-line and on the app. Would really appreciate some guidance as to where I can submit my readings on-line and view my energy usage/statements. 

Thank you

icon

Best answer by woz 2 July 2020, 14:52

hi Kiros and welcome to the community!

Here is a  link and another here to info which may help but read on

All the help you need is in the community and in the faq but to help we need to know where you’re starting from..

Have you joined Pure Planet and set up your direct debit?

Have you downloaded the app on a phone or tablet and managed to log in?

or

Have you visited purepla.net and managed to log in?

or do you need help with any of the above?

Reading your meter is easy, but it does depend on the meter, if it’s a smart meter it’s usually as simple as waking it up by pressing a button, and reading the screen, the usual button is 9 on the keypad or A, you can’t do any harm by having a press, have a go and post back?

Once you are logged in to the app or online entering your readings is easy, just go to the drop down menu and click on send a meter reading

here is what the menu looks like

Please post back if you need more help.

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

hi Kiros and welcome to the community!

Here is a  link and another here to info which may help but read on

All the help you need is in the community and in the faq but to help we need to know where you’re starting from..

Have you joined Pure Planet and set up your direct debit?

Have you downloaded the app on a phone or tablet and managed to log in?

or

Have you visited purepla.net and managed to log in?

or do you need help with any of the above?

Reading your meter is easy, but it does depend on the meter, if it’s a smart meter it’s usually as simple as waking it up by pressing a button, and reading the screen, the usual button is 9 on the keypad or A, you can’t do any harm by having a press, have a go and post back?

Once you are logged in to the app or online entering your readings is easy, just go to the drop down menu and click on send a meter reading

here is what the menu looks like

Please post back if you need more help.

Thanks for your quick response.

I have been able to log in to the website and I do have the app. However, the menu doesn’t look like your screenshot at all.  I can’t see my account or where to put in meter readings etc. I have not submitted direct debit details either. 

Help please.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi Kiros

Just to butt in

It might help if you have a look at this

https://community.purepla.net/moving-home-42/moving-in-property-supplied-by-pure-planet-10312

and tell us how far you've got on the process it describes? Just so we know where the sticking point is

Stephen

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I have been able to log in to the website and I do have the app. However, the menu doesn’t look like your screenshot at all.  I can’t see my account or where to put in meter readings etc. I have not submitted direct debit details either. 

Help please.

hi Kiros, have you been through the quote process and joined? 

I suspect from what you’re saying that your account hasn’t yet been set up.

Have you had a welcome pack by email?

Help please.

Hi Woz,

If Kiros has just moved into a home already supplied by Pure Planet, then I would assume that Kiros is already a ‘deemed customer’? and therefore wouldn’t need a quote?

Mark

Hi Kiros.

Welcome to the community, have you just moved into your new home recently?

If so, have you received any communication from Pure Planet welcoming you? 

Or 

Did you log in as a new customer using the:

‘moved into a Pure Planet home?’.

‘enter your postcode manually’

Options described in Nat’s post?

Kindest Regards

Gwyndy

Reading through all of the replies I suspect my account hasn’t been set up, although I have downloaded the app and initially went through the quote process and then signed up as a new customer - supplying Pure Planet with post code etc.

I shall have a look at some of the links in replies to find out how I can setup an account.

many thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Help please.

Hi Woz,

If Kiros has just moved into a home already supplied by Pure Planet, then I would assume that Kiros is already a ‘deemed customer’? and therefore wouldn’t need a quote?

Mark

hi Mark, perhaps I phrased it badly or maybe I don’t understand it myself, (I haven’t tried it personally) I called it the quote process but it’s the joining/registering an account process which usually starts with a quote but in which you set up the dd details, Kiros appears not have been through that process. 

from the faq:

Let us know your address, the date you became responsible for the property and your energy usage info.

Hi Kiros.

Just a thought, before you consider setting up an account, it may be sensible for you to contact either @marc, or @nataly, with your personal details, just so they can check with Pure Planet support that you have not already got an account in the process of being set-up?

I presume that currently the website is not allowing you to access the ‘get help and support’ option shown in Woz’s screenshot?

Kindest Regards

Gwyndy

hi mark, perhaps I phrased it badly or maybe I don’t understand it myself, (I haven’t tried it personally) I called it the quote process but it’s the joining/registering an account process which usually starts with a quote but in which you set up the dd details, Kiros appears not have been through that process. 

Ah, I see, sorry Woz, I’m a bit brain-dead today.

​​​​​​​

Hey @Kiros and welcome to the Community :slight_smile:

Great to see all the helpful replies you received from other Members! Hope you’re up and running soon :thumbsup:

@woz @Gwyndy hmm.. it is a bit like getting a quote when you follow the move in process, since we still need to know the annual usage, and Members can still choose which tariff they’d like to be on. 

So it’s definitely similar but not the exact same, so I think the confusion there is easily done! 

Many thanks for everyone's input as it's been extremely helpful

Cheers!:-)