Solved

New customers

• 18 September 2018
  • 11 replies

Can I be new customer to be pure planet or has to be switch?
icon

Best answer by Marc 19 September 2018, 11:03

Hi @Julianna
Welcome to the community!
Thanks for posting
Is it a newly built home that is not currently connected? We're not quite ready to take those on.
But otherwise, yes, we can takr new customers. :)
Does that help?

Julianna;11705:
View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hmm, may I ask why?
It's likely that the property you're moving into will already be with a supplier (although you may not know who they are, so technically you're still switching.
I'd try to find the consumption figures (ask for help if you've no idea) download the app and get a quote.
I would think it very unlikely that the property is not already with a supplier, but not impossible I suppose.
Hi @Julianna
Thanks for posting
Is it a newly built home that is not currently connected? We're not quite ready to take those on.
Does that help?

Julianna;11705:
Marc;11733:
Hi @Julianna
Thanks for posting
Does that help?

I thought switch means you have to be with current supplier then switch to another
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hi Julianna
No, a switch means switching a property which is with ANY supplier to a new supplier.The person switching may never have had an account with any energy provider.
Of course you can't switch a property unless you (or the landlord) are responsible for paying for the energy.
Apologies if you mean a new build where it's the first connection ever, I think that would be for one of the big six to start, that's a different case.

Julianna;11748:
I thought switch means you have to be with current supplier then switch to another
I cancell my switch by mistake on the app? Plus I can't find electricity meter in property am confused now??
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hi Julianna
You can always start your switch again so don't worry about that.
Some questions first to help you...
How do you currently pay for your energy? Do you have any bills?
Are you renting? Is it a "shared property"?
Are there other flats within the building? If your meter is not in your bit, it may be within one of the other parts of the property.
If there are other flat owners you could ask one of them or ask the landlord.

If not renting have you looked around the outside of the property for a meter box?
If it's an older property check under the stairs cupboard?
I assume you've looked everywhere obvious!
I want to cancell my account

- - - Updated - - -

I signed up for both gas & electric only to find out that you can not supply gas.
Blue planet didn’t tell me this it has taken a letter from my old supplier to learn this whic is very poor
Hi I requested a switch over 2 weeks ago. The app just says switch in process but I have not received any other information- how do I find out about the status of my switch?
Susana

When you open the PP app it should give you a countdown on the Number if days till your switch. If there is no countdown then you are not switching.

TonyMcH
GWest;14830:
I want to cancell my account

- - - Updated - - -

I signed up for both gas & electric only to find out that you can not supply gas.
Blue planet didn’t tell me this it has taken a letter from my old supplier to learn this whic is very poor

Hi @GWest
We do supply gas.
And you're on supply with us for both gas and electricity - you have been since 22nd Oct.
What is your previous supplier saying?
Susanh;14832:
Hi I requested a switch over 2 weeks ago. The app just says switch in process but I have not received any other information- how do I find out about the status of my switch?

Hi @Susanh
Is this all on track now?
Our service team tell me there was a delay as we waited for some meter photos, but should all be progressing now?