Solved

New customer start date

I want to refer someone who is moving to their first house. How can they select a start date for their account? It doesn't seem to give them any choice of start date

icon

Best answer by Angelabikerbabe 27 July 2021, 13:44

Hi

It won't give you an option of a start date.

It normally takes 17 days from when you confirm your switch to PP. So if you want a specific day, then count back 17 days and ensure you confirm your switch then. 

Hope that makes sense. 

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi

It won't give you an option of a start date.

It normally takes 17 days from when you confirm your switch to PP. So if you want a specific day, then count back 17 days and ensure you confirm your switch then. 

Hope that makes sense. 

Thanks. Can we set it all up and just hold off the final confirmation until 17 days before they move in?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks. Can we set it all up and just hold off the final confirmation until 17 days before they move in?

@Emsden Tempting though it may be my advice is not to instigate the switch until you (or whoever ) is legally responsible for the property. For a start you’d be instigating a switch to a property for which someone else is responsible for the energy account, with which they may be very unhappy and could in theory cancel someone switching them, and what if the sale falls through?

It’s best to wait until the property is yours then switch, the current supplier will then bill you for the 17 days (or however long) before the switch happens.

Take photos of the meters and  readings on the day you get ownership

That’s my advice, others may have a different opinion.

You can still refer them whenever you like.

Userlevel 7
Badge

PP will give you the date for switch as will every other supplier, unfortunately you can't pick your date as their is practices to go through like the cooling off period , etc

Thanks very much. PP has a refer a friend double bonus at the moment and as a current customer I want to refer him for this but the deadline for the offer is 2 August. Do you know if they can apply by that date to get the referral bonus but hold off activating until they move in 1 September?

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@Emsden 

The refer a friend bonus is only paid after the switch is complete and the first direct debit taken. A referral bonus will be  paid, but will be whatever the promotion bonus is at the time

But this is what PP says:

We've doubled our rewards! Share £100 in rewards when you refer a friend to Pure Planet before 2 August. When someone you know switches using your referral link — we'll give you both £50 as a thank you.

So it seems that if you do the referral before 2 August the £100 applies but only once the switch is complete. So my question is, can I refer before 2 August, and them complete the switch when they move in, but get the £50 x 2 bonus because the referral itself was done before 2 August. 

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@Emsden 

I suspected that’s why you’d asked,  it’s probably best for community admin to clarify this.

@Mads  or @Nataly can you help?

But this is what PP says:

We've doubled our rewards! Share £100 in rewards when you refer a friend to Pure Planet before 2 August. When someone you know switches using your referral link — we'll give you both £50 as a thank you.

So it seems that if you do the referral before 2 August the £100 applies but only once the switch is complete. So my question is, can I refer before 2 August, and them complete the switch when they move in, but get the £50 x 2 bonus because the referral itself was done before 2 August. 

Thanks!

Hey @Emsden 

So happy to hear you’d like to refer a friend to PP. :blush:

They’d need to get a quote and start the switch by 2 August for the doubled rewards to be applicable I’m afraid. Though if it was after this date you’d still both receive a £25 voucher of course. :raised_hands:

Tricky one timings-wise - definitely agreed with other Members that, when moving home, you’d need to wait until you become responsible for the property before switching suppliers. Hope you’ve found everyone’s advice helpful. :heart_eyes:

Ok many thanks, that’s a shame as there are others that offer a £50 switching fee as standard but I appreciate the clarification :)

Emma