Solved

Moving home

• 14 April 2021
  • 5 replies

I moved home a week ago. I followed the steps on the Pure Planet app to do this and the app now says my account is being closed. I've since had an email saying that my direct debit amount is being altered and another.one today saying Pure Planet had heard new suppliers were taking over (at my old address). The app still says my account is being closed. Just want a final bill and to reapply at my new address. How long should this process take?

icon

Best answer by Angelabikerbabe 14 April 2021, 18:29

Hi

So you've done the steps in the following faq?:

Not sure how long the process takes  . But when you've moved into your new home, you become a 'deemed customer ' of the supplier who supplies that property, until you initiate a switch to PP. 

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi

So you've done the steps in the following faq?:

Not sure how long the process takes  . But when you've moved into your new home, you become a 'deemed customer ' of the supplier who supplies that property, until you initiate a switch to PP. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@paddy499 I don’t know for sure but I’d say it certainly shouldn’t take more that a week before you can re-apply. As far as I know but I am not 100% sure PLEASE CORRECT ME ANYONE? @Nataly there is no need to wait for the final bill to be produced for the old property to join at the new property.

If it isn’t working by Friday I’d use wattbot to send a message asking why.(type message the team and your message, persist until it says message sent to team)

(for the incentive you need to use the same email address to sign up for the new property so don’t be tempted top apply with a different email address)

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@woz 

I've no idea about timescales either, but we often advise posters that have moved into a property and become deemed customers and that they should register with that company as they may block a switch simply because they don't know who is going to pay for energy used since the previous occupier moved out, so time should be allowed for the processes required to do that. Probably why PP allow a timescale of 3 months to re-register

Hey @paddy499 

Once you’ve filled in the ‘move out’ form it can take our Member Services team a few days to get everything processed and your account fully closed. Once completed, when you log into your app/ online account you should see a “you moved out on XX date” message on the homepage. :relaxed:

Once you see that you should be able to get a new quote for your new property, though as @Duppy noted it’s also best to get in touch with whoever supplies your new property first, to let them know your details. :thumbsup:

Hi, thanks for the replies. My app did recognise my move out and was saying PP were closing my account however today it was no longer saying this and was saying I still lived at my old address! Very frustrating! I've moved out again, was planning on staying with PP but with this experience I'm not so sure