Solved

Moved into new home yesterday, but want to stay with current supplier

• 2 August 2019
  • 5 replies

Hello,

Yesterday, I moved into a new property whose gas / electric supply was already provided by Pure Planet - but I would like to stay with my existing energy supplier. I, as the property’s new tenant, have temporarily registered with Pure Planet in order to pay for the 20 or so days worth of gas / electricity I will be using. Do I need to officially notify you of anything in order to complete the switch to my existing provider, and if so, how do I go about doing so? In addition, I actually registered my personal account with Pure Planet 10 minutes after I had requested my existing provider undertake the Switch - is this going to cause any problems?

One final query, the LCD on my gas meter is not displaying any information, so I was only able to provide Pure Energy with an opening electricity reading - is this likely to cause problems - for instance, am I likely to be charged for the previous tenants’ energy use?

Kind regards,

Ben.
icon

Best answer by Nataly 9 August 2019, 12:31

Hey @bcb2019

Sorry about that - Tom from our Member Services team has emailed to let you know your account's all set up.
​Your switch away was initiated before your move in with us had been registered, which is why it was blocked.

If you try again now there'll be no block on the switch🆙
View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hi Ben
​The new supplier will notify PP of the switch
If you've registered with PP your switch should all go through OK, but read on..
The biggest issue you're going to have is if the Gas meter can't be read, (just checking not the In home display but the actual meter?) have you tried pressing any buttons to wake it up?
This should have been checked before you moved in. You can't be held liable if it can't be read.
The property is with PP, if the meter display is truly dead you need to get that sorted by PP.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hi ben and @Nataly
if you’ve registered an account and set up a direct debit then there is no issue about you paying the final bill when that arises, so my guess is that it’s a simple case of the two accounts ( the original one and yours) not being married up, or the system is waiting for your data so it can work out how much you owe (maybe it timed out) but that’s only a guess. Admin will be along tomorrow and look into this for you.
Worst case scenario you may have to make an interim payment but i’m sure it will be sorted. As this is account specific you really should be asking this in wattbot, type message the team, i’m sure you do not want to be posting personal details in the community.
Hey @bcb2019

Sorry about that - Tom from our Member Services team has emailed to let you know your account's all set up.
​Your switch away was initiated before your move in with us had been registered, which is why it was blocked.

If you try again now there'll be no block on the switch🆙
Hi Ben.

This is a community forum, it's not an official helpdesk.

If you want to know why Pure Planet have rejected the switch, you need to:

Go to the App.
Hit the three bars top right.
Use 'Ask WattBot' - if WattBot can't help, it will get the Pure Planet team to contact you.

Regards
Gwynd
woz;34566:
hi Ben
​The new supplier will notify PP of the switch
If you've registered with PP your switch should all go through OK, but read on..
The biggest issue you're going to have is if the Gas meter can't be read, (just checking not the In home display but the actual meter?) have you tried pressing any buttons to wake it up?
This should have been checked before you moved in. You can't be held liable if it can't be read.
The property is with PP, if the meter display is truly dead you need to get that sorted by PP.

A couple of days after I sent the above message, I managed to find someone who was able to help me get the gas meter display activated again, as a result of which I was able to send Pure Planet an approximate opening gas read.

I have just received an email from my desired supplier, however, saying that Pure Planet has rejected my switch. What on earth for? I registered my account with you a few days ago a) because you were the existing supplier to this property and I had no choice but to draw energy from you for the first couple of weeks after my move and b) because your website specifically said I could switch after registering an account with you.

I have a lot on in my life at the moment, and this is one additional stress I do not need. I’d like answers please.