Solved

Moved into a new property

After an almost eternal loop of activation emails I seem to be in.

I have taken over ownership of a property that my family and I will be living in, where Pure Planet is the provider.

Can someone please inform me how I can ensure everything is in order, provide meter readings, check my billing details are correct etc etc

If I don’t hear back here that doesn’t leave me with much choice other than to instruct another provider to assist in switching.
icon

Best answer by Jon1 5 June 2019, 08:37

Hi faiziaf.
What you need to do is download the app onto a suitable device. Once this is done then simply follow the instructions to switch, get a quote etcetc.( Its still called a switch ) once complete you use the app to manage your acct and give readings and so on.
PP is app based only and all contact is via the app. Differant from the norm but also cheaper. Hope you stay.
View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Hi faiziaf.
What you need to do is download the app onto a suitable device. Once this is done then simply follow the instructions to switch, get a quote etcetc.( Its still called a switch ) once complete you use the app to manage your acct and give readings and so on.
PP is app based only and all contact is via the app. Differant from the norm but also cheaper. Hope you stay.
Jon1;30589:
Hi faiziaf.

Thank you Jon. How exactly do I submit the meter reading from when I moved into the property?
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
faiziaf;31310:
Thank you Jon. How exactly do I submit the meter reading from when I moved into the property?

Hi faiziaf,
When you have started the "switch " via the app, the app will ask you for your meter readings and also ask for photos when it's near your "switch date
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Hi faiziaf.
Just follow the sign up process, and once your acct is up and running then you will be asked to enter the readings. No need to send anything in until your acct is set up
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Hi Faiziaf,

Just to add as your are technically switching to PP then heres the link that shows you the steps from the FaQ's
https://community.purepla.net/threads/1031-The-top-11-things-you-need-to-know-when-you-switch-to-Pure-Planet

Once you have the APP and prior to the switch being completed you could send images and meter reads now.
Yes the APP will advise when to send in meter reads and photos but I guess you have the moving in reads and images.

Once you have the APP you can contact PP direct from that point on...to ask any questions.
To do this from the APP - Open Help - Open ask wattBot - First type "Message the Team" and post a question.
You could if you want to send in your moving in reads and attached your moving in photos but some may think I'm being over the top. Otherwise just sit tight and let the APP do all the prompts.

At all times when you contact PP using wattBot it takes a couple of days for a response and often sooner.
Response back with the bot.

its worth noting that if you do not type "Message the Team" when utilising wattBot then its an auto responder answering many questions. Personally I prefer the FaQ's and of course all the supporting customer members brilliant feedback.

Good luck and look forward to your future posts
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hi faizaif
Welcome to the community.
as other replies but to add take photos of the meter readings when you moved in, in case of any disputes. The previous owners will or should have supplied closing readings to PP, and it's from those readings that your charging will start (give or take depending on timings)
If this was a different provider you'd get a bill from when you moved in until your switch date, but hopefully PP know it's the same property being supplied so it should come out in the wash (so to speak) on your statements eventually (it can take up to 6 weeks for readings to be verified - that's an industry timescale not a PP one, but they aim to be a s quick as possible).
If you do get any probs communication is as described.
Good luck in your new home!

faiziaf;30588:
After an almost eternal loop of activation emails I seem to be in.

I have taken over ownership of a property that my family and I will be living in, where Pure Planet is the provider.

Can someone please inform me how I can ensure everything is in order, provide meter readings, check my billing details are correct etc etc

If I don’t hear back here that doesn’t leave me with much choice other than to instruct another provider to assist in switching.