Solved

Meter reading when moving from last supplier

• 20 March 2019
  • 7 replies

When I changed over from my last supplier at my last bill
I was over £700 in credit Then now I have changed supplier and I am told I am a only in credit £24 ? Also this electric bill states 514kw day and last year 16kwh day for the same period
I contacted green network energy they rang me up said the call is recordered and asked me for a reading
I have day and night time rates
I have them a reading over the phone and they said that's right?
How can I have used that amount
I am not sure and just don't want to be ripped off
Thanks for any help
icon

Best answer by woz 21 March 2019, 01:56

hi thermoman (good name for an energy saving superhero!)
your post is a bit confusing so you may not get the right answers.
If you changed from gne to pure planet your credit doesn’t move with you. Once gne agree your opening readings they will or should refund whatever credit you have left.- or have i completely misunderstood?
Can you clarify whether you have moved from gne to pp, or if not what is your situation?
View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Hi there
Just a quick question - are you actually a Pure Planet customer? Who did your bill come from? Green Network Energy are nothing to do with Pure Planet, two different companies.
The other thing that occurs to me is that the level of credit you have is not really the issue (except hopefully you have had a repayment of the £700 from your previous supplier). It is your usage and the price that determines your bill. So you need to check again the usage in say Jan - Mar 2018, work out the average daily rate and then do the same for a similar period for this year. If they are wildly different then you may have a problem with your meter - which you will need to sort out with your current supplier.
Stephen
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hi thermoman (good name for an energy saving superhero!)
your post is a bit confusing so you may not get the right answers.
If you changed from gne to pure planet your credit doesn’t move with you. Once gne agree your opening readings they will or should refund whatever credit you have left.- or have i completely misunderstood?
Can you clarify whether you have moved from gne to pp, or if not what is your situation?
Yes I am now with pure planet
Green network told me to take up with the new supplier
How do we get the meter checked?
I will check out the daily usage and try to work it out that way
Thanks
Yes I have moved from gone to pure
I told them of the situation to which they told me to send a pic of meter and tell them over the phone what the readings were
And said your meter might need to be checked but that was it
So not sure
Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Should have said green network energy
(Iphone spell correction)
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Just to check you are taking readings from the actual meter and not from an in-home display?

The bill or refund from GNE depends on the readings which were accepted when you changed over to PP.
You presumably supplied readings when you moved to PP, those readings or something close should have been used to finalise your GNE bill and to start with PP.
At this stage you need to check what readings have been used, and take it from there. It's unlikely your meter is faulty.
Check what readings GNE have used to finalise your bill against what the meter is actually reading and see if they make sense (obviously the meter will have moved on a bit since, but you can allow for that at the most 16kWh a day (which is quite high, do you heat on electric?)
It sounds to me like GNE updated your estimated readings with the real ones and that corrected your bill, which over a short period makes it look like you used a lot.
Were GNE's readings up to date? Had you been supplying them with readings?

My advice is to go to help in the app ask wattbot, type message the team and ask PP to check the opening readings. Send a photo of the meter if you can, preferably showing the current reading.
Thermoman;26249:
Yes I have moved from gone to pure
I told them of the situation to which they told me to send a pic of meter and tell them over the phone what the readings were
And said your meter might need to be checked but that was it
So not sure
Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Should have said green network energy
(Iphone spell correction)
Yes taking readings from the meter
I have been giving them regular meter readings
Gne rangme up asked what readings were again then said they sound about right
I have 3 readings
Imp r01 imp r02 and cum imp
One day time and night not sure which is which
Even some suppliers are confused
Thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hi thermoman
Can you answer the following?

Do you agree the meter readings are correct on the bills you have, where you've given readings? Or do you think gne have mixed up night and day?
Have GNE produced a final bill charging you for the units you agree that you've used?

Have PP started charging you from the final readings used by gne to close your account?

As I said I suspect the 514kwh per day was an adjustment based on readings to bring your bill up to date. You should query that with gne, I doubt your meter is wrong, but without sight of bills going back a while it's hard to say.
There shouldn't be any mix up other than which is the day and which is the night reading. That can vary but on gne's website it says r01 is night and r02 day - the day reading is usually higher than the night reading.
The total is the 2 readings added together, no need to submit that one.
Assuming GNE were billing you correctly look at their bill to figure out which is which. Look at the meter readings
Also ask gne what your annual estimated consumption is, if you were using 500+kwh a day it would be gigantic, if it was a final adjustment it will be normal, 4000-6000kWh would be normalish depending on size of house, more if you heat by electric.

Thermoman;26268:
Yes taking readings from the meter
I have been giving them regular meter readings
Gne rangme up asked what readings were again then said they sound about right
I have 3 readings
Imp r01 imp r02 and cum imp
One day time and night not sure which is which
Even some suppliers are confused
Thanks