Question

meter reading

• 22 February 2021
  • 7 replies

I have just switched to pp but am unable to submit my meter reading online. Nothing happens when I click “submit reading”. Might it be my browser, I have a fairly old computer with Windows Vista ?

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi

Can you not submit them via the app on your phone? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @griffinpark 

Welcome to the Pure Planet community! Is this the request for your first meter reading, to enable your switch to take place? It would not be entirely surprising if Windows Vista is the problem. My guess is that if you are using Windows Vista you may well not have a smart phone?

If not, we may need to ask @Marc for advice - I can only think of logging in on a friend's or relative's device, but that won't be easy in current circumstances

Stephen

Thanks Angela, but no I don’t have a smartphone, plus no mobile reception on property!

Thanks Stephen,  when I switched, I thought I may be able to send readings by email as the initial info said pp were contactable by email, but I have emailed them and have been referred to the Community.

Pure Planet seems ok if you have no problems and don't need to speak to a real person.

Welcome to Pure Planet.:thinking:  

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I have just switched to pp but am unable to submit my meter reading online. Nothing happens when I click “submit reading”. Might it be my browser, I have a fairly old computer with Windows Vista ?

@griffinpark 

I could be your account is still being set up and your meter isn’t yet reconciled to your account. I think that’s more likely but I’m speculating.

Use help& support>ask a q. to send a message and ask the team to check, also include the readings and a photo of your meter showing serial. I’m not saying it isn’t your vista (ugh! what a dreadful OS, but that’s not the point). Persist through instant bot replies until it says message sent to team, replies in 2-3 working days. In the meanwhile take photos of the readings to cover yourself.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Pure Planet seems ok if you have no problems and don't need to speak to a real person.

Welcome to Pure Planet.:thinking:  

@PowerMan123 you may not be able to speak to a human but communication with customer services  is via wattbot which is their preferred support and does, once through the bot replies, get to a real pure planet humanoid..:robot: (I think he (or she) may be called Marvin the paranoid android)

For anyone else reading this that was a joke, he isn’t really called Marvin)