Solved

Meter Reading

• 5 October 2020
  • 2 replies

I have been informed today I will be switching soon to Pure Planet and they will require a photo of my present meter readings, as proof that they are correct. I was informed the photo should be taken by a phone with an internet connection [smart phone] and downloaded via the pure planet app. Trouble is I do not own a smart phone with a camera and my old phone is unable to download any app. I only have a computer to maintain contact Pure Planet. So how can I send a photo of my meter readings without a camera and app?

icon

Best answer by woz 5 October 2020, 18:09

hi @melandsue88 

don’t panic, there are a few options.

Presumably you can log in on the computer (you have to be logged in on the computer or you won’t get wattbot.

If you have a means of taking a photo at all and getting it on your PC (maybe ask a friend to take the photos and email them to you?), you can then use wattbot while logged in on your computer and attach the photo.

HOWEVER….

If none of that is possible still don’t panic!!, read the meters (not the home display if you have one but the actual meters attached to the  wires and pipes), and type and send the readings. 

The photo isn’t mandatory, it’s just preferred to prevent errors.

If you’re asked for the meter serials (sometimes happens) just do the same.

oh... I forgot to add, if you’re in any doubt about reading the meters (which digits to send) post back, there’s usually a helpful community member or two around...

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

hi @melandsue88 

don’t panic, there are a few options.

Presumably you can log in on the computer (you have to be logged in on the computer or you won’t get wattbot.

If you have a means of taking a photo at all and getting it on your PC (maybe ask a friend to take the photos and email them to you?), you can then use wattbot while logged in on your computer and attach the photo.

HOWEVER….

If none of that is possible still don’t panic!!, read the meters (not the home display if you have one but the actual meters attached to the  wires and pipes), and type and send the readings. 

The photo isn’t mandatory, it’s just preferred to prevent errors.

If you’re asked for the meter serials (sometimes happens) just do the same.

oh... I forgot to add, if you’re in any doubt about reading the meters (which digits to send) post back, there’s usually a helpful community member or two around...

Thank you, much appreciated. Will do as you advise.

Mel