Solved

Login and switch issues

• 20 October 2020
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

When I login on the web site I do not get the option to see saved quotes in order to continue my switch from MSE. All I can do is get a new quote which I do not want to do.

I also cannot access the Chatbot to get help. The only time the bot helps me is during a new quote process.

When I send a login email link from the iOS app the link does not work. Originally the app had a spinning status wheel that never ended. Now the link just takes me to the app store to down the app, but it is already installed on my iOS14 iPhone 11.

I cannot seem to check or move on my switch which should be in progress.

Please can someone from Pure Planet contact me as it has been 26 days since I requested a switch. I don’t want to be stuck on my old suppliers standard tariff for months and as I can’t seem to get help from Pure Planet I’ll just initiate a switch to another supplier if I do not receive help by Fri 30th Oct.

Thank you.

icon

Best answer by 25 quid 20 October 2020, 20:51

Hi @Andrew Chester,

When you started your switch from MSE, you will have received an email asking you confirm the switch. Do you recall that and did you confirm? Otherwise I guess you might be going round in circles.

If you have a got a switch in-progress (which typically takes 17 days), perhaps you could try logging in on the web if the app doesn’t work for you. Generally in these login glitch cases, deleting (including all login emails) and starting again works.

My guess is the switch never started…

Good luck!

View original

6 replies

Hi @Andrew Chester,

When you started your switch from MSE, you will have received an email asking you confirm the switch. Do you recall that and did you confirm? Otherwise I guess you might be going round in circles.

If you have a got a switch in-progress (which typically takes 17 days), perhaps you could try logging in on the web if the app doesn’t work for you. Generally in these login glitch cases, deleting (including all login emails) and starting again works.

My guess is the switch never started…

Good luck!

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

IF this is a case of non-verification and only if …

Long ago I said this was going to bite and that it was catching-out prospective switchers….and  still it continues to do so.

This step simply should not catch anyone out but it still is catching some. This really needs to be fixed or more betterer  (sic) fixed than it has been.

Blaming the customer for not reading that they have to stick their fingers in their ears and rotate 3 times to complete their switch doesn’t cut it and although no-one is  actually blaming the customer, the process of saying you should have done this or that  when you switched is not acceptable when the assumption is quite reasonably, that if you switch then you switch - full stop.

Rant over…

(if I’m wrong I’ll only back-pedal slightly as this is not the only case.)

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @Andrew Chester 

It's probably/possibly worth pointing out

a) when you post here you are not talking directly to Pure Planet but to a community of their customers

b) when your switch is underway the first thing that happens is that you get a welcome pack by email

So I agree with 25quid, your switch has almost certainly not happened. So I suspect you have a choice between starting again or switching elsewhere.

These FAQS may help

https://community.purepla.net/switching-supplier-30/switching-to-pure-planet-from-a-price-comparison-website-10438

https://community.purepla.net/switching-supplier-30/switching-suppliers-what-happens-when-you-switch-10298

Also wondering how you have tried to get help from Pure Planet? At least you have now made a start!

Stephen

Userlevel 1

Thank you for the quick responses! The quality of the responses on here are so good I hoped it was staff members responding, hence my post wording.

I did get in touch with Pure Planet via the complaint form and got a speedy response, which confirms what you’ve said above. Because I didn’t not confirm my switch via their emails the quote expired and I have to start again. I’ve no problem with that, just glad I can get on with it.

For some crazy naive reason I thought the “Auto” switch from MSE would handle everything for me, so I deliberately did not acknowledge the activation links in case this circumvented MSE and nullified the cash back due from them.

Thanks for the responses! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I feel an I told you so coming on...but I won’t say it...

I feel an I told you so coming on...but I won’t say it...

Go on, you have been saying…

Auto-switch should mean that. Come on PP, change is good.