Solved

Left pure planet, and need help

• 6 November 2020
  • 9 replies

Hi, we were with PP for 1 year and we have switched to another provider.  I need to speak to someone about the fact you won't accept our meter reading?  We know we have overpaid, as due to may factors, we couldn't move into the property, so didn't use the expected amount of energy.  We have paid for energy, and we can't get a refund we know we are entitled to!  Can someone respond so I can give full details.  Very disappointed and frustrated :disappointed:

icon

Best answer by Gwyndy 9 November 2020, 13:39

no final bill yet as Wattbott/team came back to me and a reading dispute has to be raised with our current supplier? I will admit I don't really understand it all, but maybe it’s the third party mentioned above.

Hi @RobBrazier 

The process is detailed here:https://community.purepla.net/switching-supplier-30/switching-suppliers-what-happens-when-you-switch-10298 only in your case ‘us’ is your ‘new supplier’ and Pure Planet is your ‘old supplier’,

“As soon as we receive your opening reading we send it away to a go through an independent validation process. Your readings are checked against your previous readings, then sent back to us and on to your old supplier. Both suppliers have to use the estimate provided, so you won't pay for the same energy usage twice.

Sometimes, opening readings fail the validation process. In this case, the validation process will estimate a reading, then send that back to us and on to your old supplier. In the case you’re unable to submit your opening readings, we’d be sent estimated readings to use instead following the same process.

Both suppliers have to use this reading, by the terms of our energy licence. If it’s outside a certain tolerance, we can raise a ‘reading dispute’ and ask for it to be changed to the reading you supplied.”

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@RobBrazier Do you still have the app?

No, as I've left, its shut

Put a pic of the meter reading but wasn't accepted, and now, I can't get on.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

hi @RobBrazier The app will still allow you to communicate using wattbot, even if your acct is ended. Online does not have the same facility. (wattbot in app will ask you who you are.)

Use it to send a message to the team, replies are not instant but you will get a reply. Did you switch out to another provider? If so you should have disputed the switchover readings if they were way out. Disputes can take months to resolve (industry standard not PP)

You should still be able to do that if not too much time has elapsed. 

go to help and support>ask a question in app.

PP are not in the office due to lockdown, patience will be required. Replies are taking up to 3 working days, hopefully if you include your tel no someone may call you.

If you persistently don’t get a reply (it won’t happen) you’ll need to raise a complaint. 

Thanks for the info.  What do you mean switched out?  We moved here and started with PP - now a year later, we switched.

Been in touch with WattBot who said they would pass convo to team, possibly am being impatient then.  Just not ideal, when through no fault of our own we haven't used the predicted amount of energy - and now as ive left, I can't get it sorted.  Hopefully I will get an answer.  One thing is, its not our dispute, we've done all we've been asked and someone doesn't accept it!  Thanks again:thumbsup:

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @RobBrazier 

Your hopes of a quick refund may be optimistic. When you switch your final reading has to be agreed by a third party - it's an industry-wide process, nothing to do with Pure Planet specifically. And that process can take up to six weeks.

There's an added complication, which is that if you don't cancel your direct debit you may well make another payment; if you do it makes it harder to get your refund.

As a matter of interest, were you sending in meter readings each month when prompted?

Stephen

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

hi @RobBrazier The app will still allow you to communicate using wattbot, even if your acct is ended. Online does not have the same facility. (wattbot in app will ask you who you are.)

Use it to send a message to the team, replies are not instant but you will get a reply. Did you switch out to another provider? If so you should have disputed the switchover readings if they were way out. Disputes can take months to resolve (industry standard not PP)

You should still be able to do that if not too much time has elapsed. 

go to help and support>ask a question in app.

PP are not in the office due to lockdown, patience will be required. Replies are taking up to 3 working days, hopefully if you include your tel no someone may call you.

If you persistently don’t get a reply (it won’t happen) you’ll need to raise a complaint. 

Thanks for the info.  What do you mean switched out?  We moved here and started with PP - now a year later, we switched.

Been in touch with WattBot who said they would pass convo to team, possibly am being impatient then.  Just not ideal, when through no fault of our own we haven't used the predicted amount of energy - and now as ive left, I can't get it sorted.  Hopefully I will get an answer.  One thing is, its not our dispute, we've done all we've been asked and someone doesn't accept it!  Thanks again:thumbsup:

@RobBrazier  I just wanted to check if you’d left the property or switched to another provider,  my reply would have been different if you’d left. (Some customers when posting on here don’t always give all of the facts).

As @stephenrand says if you supplied readings it should resolve more easily,, but patience is required.

I take it you haven’t had the final bill yet?

Yes I was prompted a bit at the start and responded - payment was reduced at one point.  I wasn't prompted much...no final bill yet as Wattbott/team came back to me and a reading dispute has to be raised with our current supplier? I will admit I don't really understand it all, but maybe it’s the third party mentioned above.  Seems so complicated when we know we are legitimately due a refund...c’est la vie :neutral_face:

meanwhile *waits patiently*

no final bill yet as Wattbott/team came back to me and a reading dispute has to be raised with our current supplier? I will admit I don't really understand it all, but maybe it’s the third party mentioned above.

Hi @RobBrazier 

The process is detailed here:https://community.purepla.net/switching-supplier-30/switching-suppliers-what-happens-when-you-switch-10298 only in your case ‘us’ is your ‘new supplier’ and Pure Planet is your ‘old supplier’,

“As soon as we receive your opening reading we send it away to a go through an independent validation process. Your readings are checked against your previous readings, then sent back to us and on to your old supplier. Both suppliers have to use the estimate provided, so you won't pay for the same energy usage twice.

Sometimes, opening readings fail the validation process. In this case, the validation process will estimate a reading, then send that back to us and on to your old supplier. In the case you’re unable to submit your opening readings, we’d be sent estimated readings to use instead following the same process.

Both suppliers have to use this reading, by the terms of our energy licence. If it’s outside a certain tolerance, we can raise a ‘reading dispute’ and ask for it to be changed to the reading you supplied.”