Solved

Just switched- old supplier saying Pure Planet only taking over Electricity?

• 11 November 2020
  • 8 replies

I have recently switched from Bulb. I have cancelled my DD for bulb as they had put my final payment up to £170 even though my last payment should have been £100. When I have contacted them for details of how to make final payment they had advised that Pure Planet are only switching my electricity and not the gas? They state my gas is still with them and I owe money. 

I have checked the details I’ve received from Pure Planet and it does state both gas and electricity. I can not get in touch with anyone from Planet to help and get a definitive answer?? 

icon

Best answer by woz 11 November 2020, 19:25

hi @Vickywalts3910 

It is dual fuel assuming that you selected both when you switched, your quote email will verify this.

Head over to wattbot (help&support >ask a q.) and ask PP to verify that the switch is in progress. (persist through bot replies). As said it isn’t unusual for both not to switch at the same time but 2 weeks is pushing it a little. Also carefully check your emails to see if PP have asked for a photo of the gas meter to verify they have the correct meter for your property, sometimes that can stall proceedings.

(I don’t work for PP)

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Vickywalts3910 

How long ago did the switch happen, there is often a delay in switching both as different verification processes are used. In my own situation there was a two week difference between electric and gas

Hi @Vickywalts3910 

How long ago did the switch happen, there is often a delay in switching both as different verification processes are used. In my own situation there was a two week difference between electric and gas

Thank you for the reply. The official switch over was 2 weeks ago. I’m just in a position now where Bulb are charging me for gas however I thought I was fuel fuel with Pure Planet

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

hi @Vickywalts3910 

It is dual fuel assuming that you selected both when you switched, your quote email will verify this.

Head over to wattbot (help&support >ask a q.) and ask PP to verify that the switch is in progress. (persist through bot replies). As said it isn’t unusual for both not to switch at the same time but 2 weeks is pushing it a little. Also carefully check your emails to see if PP have asked for a photo of the gas meter to verify they have the correct meter for your property, sometimes that can stall proceedings.

(I don’t work for PP)

hi @Vickywalts3910 

(I don’t work for PP)

Thank you for this. I’ve triple checked my emails and the welcome pack is definitely for dual fuel. I’ve submitted meter readings and not had anything back. 
I will try the wattbott again tomorrow. Having been in a que with Bulb for 2hrs they are saying until PP contact them regarding the gas I am still liable to pay them even though I’ve already paid PP! 

As @woz said, persist with the Wattbot until it confirms it’s sent a message to the team...

Hey @Vickywalts3910 and welcome to the Community :slight_smile:

Good advice from @woz on how to get in touch with our Member Services team about this - it’s worth checking the meter serial number we have for your gas is the same as the one on your meter? It sounds like what may have happened here is the wrong gas meter was switched. 

Don’t worry, the team will be able to get this sorted for you! 

There’s more info about what may have happened here, too.

Thank you. How do i contact member services? I used Wattbott yesterday but not had any reply?

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Thank you. How do i contact member services? I used Wattbott yesterday but not had any reply?

At the moment, replies from the team via Wattbot can take up to 3 working days. If Wattbot said your message has been sent to the team, you will get a reply, just not instant.