Just started the ball rolling

• 15 November 2018
  • 28 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1
Here goes.
In the past few minutes I have kick started the switchover process. First impressions are “Wow! That was easy.”

28 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Yayyyyyy.
Welcome aboard.
For 99% it is easy.
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Welcome Oaky 👍👍👏👏👏, it really IS sooooooo easy, you'll love it with Pure Planet 👍
Userlevel 6
@Oakbank, welcome onboard 🆙

Good to see everything going smoothly, just wait for the app to say Submit first reading after about 12 days, and sit back with a good drink 😮
Userlevel 7
Badge +1
First The good news: Got my Welcome Pack email.

Bad news #1: Seems I picked the wrong time of year to switch to PP as my first payment will be at the winter rates.

Bad news #2: PP buy, and charge, energy in advance. That means I will be paying the final bill to my current supplier and my first to PP in the same month. Double whammy, just before Christmas. Ouch!

That's not really a complaint, merely an observation that anyone on a tight budget needs to be aware of. I'll still be saving ~£700 year with PP compared with the BEST fixed deal I could get from any of the big suppliers.
Userlevel 6
Hi @Oakbank , you made me smile, there is always a "but" 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +1
12 days to go and I’ve got an email from my current supplier to say how sorry they are I’m leaving and promising to do all they can to ensure the switch goes smoothly.
Userlevel 7
Badge +1
Another email from PP today saying all on track for switchover on the 2nd December and to expect an email next week requesting meter readings.
A thumbs-up to PP for keeping me informed, not all companies are good at that.
Userlevel 6
Hi @oakbridge, looking good 🆙. Like your Avatar by the way, sorry, BTW 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +1
5 Days to go!
By the look of things my switchover is still on track. Received an email from PP today asking for my meter readings before 2nd Dec.
Just opened the app on my phone and sure enough, a new button has appeared, "Send a meter reading".
Userlevel 7
Badge +1
A question.
Do I take a photo of my meters when I take the readings, or do I need to wait to be told?
Userlevel 6
Oakbank;18036:
A question.
Do I take a photo of my meters when I take the readings, or do I need to wait to be told?

The app will prompt you when your are entering the readings to attach photos. Only seems to be required on the initial readings 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +1
Thanks Gil. Didn't realise that until I launched the app on my phone and hit the 'send meter reading' button.

Sent my gas and electric meter readings and photos, BUT, the serial number on the electric meter doesn't quite match what PP seem to be expecting. The last 5 digits are correct (the ones embossed on the label) while the printed ones do not match.
Over to PP and previous supplier to sort out.
Userlevel 6
Oakbank;18051:
Thanks Gil. Didn't realise that until I launched the app on my phone and hit the 'send meter reading' button.

Sent my gas and electric meter readings and photos, BUT, the serial number on the electric meter doesn't quite match what PP seem to be expecting. The last 5 digits are correct (the ones embossed on the label) while the printed ones do not match.
Over to PP and previous supplier to sort out.

Opps, a job for wattbot, I would go down the "message the team" route to update the meter numbers.
Userlevel 7
Badge +1
3 days to go.

Meter reading submitted yesterday. App replaces 'Send a meter reading' button with 'Community'

Today the app is asking for another meter reading. Why? Could it be the leccy meter serial number mismatch?

Anyway, going to do it and see what happens next.

Done it. Didn't ask for photos this time.
Userlevel 7
Badge +1
2 days to go.

And the ‘Cancel Switch’ moon has disappeared from the app. So, past the point of no return. Looks like the mission is a go.
Sending a second set of meter readings doesn’t seem to have caused any problems.
Userlevel 7
Badge +1
1 Day to go.

Woke up to an email from PP that says “Switch Complete” and as from midnight tonight my home will be on Pure Planet.

So, by using nothing more than the Pure Planet app I have succeeded in changing my gas and electricity supplier. Impressed.
Userlevel 6
Oakbank;18423:
1 Day to go.

Woke up to an email from PP that says “Switch Complete” and as from midnight tonight my home will be on Pure Planet.

So, by using nothing more than the Pure Planet app I have succeeded in changing my gas and electricity supplier. Impressed.

All good stuff 🆙. Don't forget to listen out for that big green switch to clunk-in at midnight, we did, its quite loud LOL 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +1
Day Zero

“Pure Planet. Oakbank has landed.”

App is now showing my account details, including opening meter readings. Which I will be checking against previous supplier’s closing readings when they send final bill.
Userlevel 7
Badge +1
Just for the record.

According to the app/my usage, PP have recorded the second set of meter reading I submitted.
I also logged on to my previous supplier to find my account is now closed (yeah!) but could see previous bills and gas meter readings. I was pleased to see my closing gas meter reading matched the opening meter reading PP are using.
Pity I couldn't see the electric one though.
Userlevel 7
Badge +1
Had another email from my previous supplier to say they have taken their last direct debit, my account is now closed, and within 30 days I will receive a final bill. This final bill will show either a credit or debit balance (I have no idea which it will be) which they will either take from my bank in full, or refund to my bank directly.
Userlevel 5
Oakbank;19485:
Had another email from my previous supplier to say they have taken their last direct debit, my account is now closed, and within 30 days I will receive a final bill. This final bill will show either a credit or debit balance (I have no idea which it will be) which they will either take from my bank in full, or refund to my bank directly.

I switched just day or two before you and had nothing from my old supplier had to cancel DD as had plenty credit to cover final bill and couldn't afford to be paying twice. But despite confirmation of cancellation they reinstated it and informed me they upping my DD in January. No acknowledgement I've left!
Userlevel 7
Badge +1
JennyR68;19488:
I switched just day or two before you and had nothing from my old supplier had to cancel DD as had plenty credit to cover final bill and couldn't afford to be paying twice. But despite confirmation of cancellation they reinstated it and informed me they upping my DD in January. No acknowledgement I've left!

It's really strange. I've had what I can only describe as a bumpless transfer. Good communications from previous supplier and Pure Planet's app delivered precisely what it promised. If anyone is curious my previous supplier was nPower. I'd been with them for two, two-year fixed rate deals, so four years in total. The only reason I transferred to PP was for the tariffs, way cheaper than anything nPower could offer, even though I played the loyal customer card.
All I'm doing now is waiting to find out if I'm in credit or debit with them.

Reading some of the posts on here I wonder why so many people have trouble switching. A sizeable percentage of the "I'm having a problem" sort of post could have been avoided if the individual had read, and understood, the FAQs and '11 things you need to know'. The remaining percentage seems to be a breakdown in communications between old supplier, PP and the customer (ex and/or wannabe).

I think it's also worth pointing out that people who are having trouble switching will be more likely to post here than those for whom the transfer went smoothly. This probably skews people's perception of how the transfer usually goes.
Userlevel 5
Oakbank;19489:
It's really strange. I've had what I can only describe as a bumpless transfer. Good communications from previous supplier and Pure Planet's app delivered precisely what it promised. If anyone is curious my previous supplier was nPower. I'd been with them for two, two-year fixed rate deals, so four years in total. The only reason I transferred to PP was for the tariffs, way cheaper than anything nPower could offer, even though I played the loyal customer card.
All I'm doing now is waiting to find out if I'm in credit or debit with them.

Reading some of the posts on here I wonder why so many people have trouble switching. A sizeable percentage of the "I'm having a problem" sort of post could have been avoided if the individual had read, and understood, the FAQs and '11 things you need to know'. The remaining percentage seems to be a breakdown in communications between old supplier, PP and the customer (ex and/or wannabe).

I think it's also worth pointing out that people who are having trouble switching will be more likely to post here than those for whom the transfer went smoothly. This probably skews people's perception of how the transfer usually goes.

Had a faultless transition from this end, I left the hugely chaotic outfox the market unfortunately at the same time a load of people were kicking off about them switching to variable DDs so I think their customer service is completely overwhelmed. I just need to keep an eye on my DD in bank and keep cancelling until they sort me out.
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Hello jenny.
It is not recommend to cancel DD as any refund due will be refunded via that DD.
However its a little concening that the supplier reinstated a cancelled DD. if you cancel it with your bank then they need your permission to reinstate it.
Userlevel 5
It was a choice between maybe missing out on a £45 refund or going overdrawn on £230 charge for electricity I haven't used, maybe more than once if they don't get their act together so it was a no brainer for me as have no confidence how quickly I'd get the money back. They have my address they could send a cheque, they obviously have my bank details so could transfer refund if someone had any common sense. But yes reinstating after a confirmation of closure is very very disturbing.