Question

joining PP - can i get larger gas meter?

• 12 October 2020
  • 6 replies

Hi. I’m interested in switching to PP. for gas and electricity  My gas engineer has told me that we need  a larger gas meter than our current one; we need a minimum of 71 KW/hrs. Will PP install one of at least that size if we switch?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi
You're talking to fellow PP customers on this forum, and as such we don't have access to customers accounts. But we will help if we can.

You need to send your message to the team directly via Wattbot.

if you go to the app and click on the
☰ menu at the top, then click on help, then ask Wattbot, 

Then you need to type in 'message the team' .

It will then offer you a few options of faq, if none apply - then click on the box that says 'message the team',

Then wait until you see the reply from Wattbot saying 'OK, I've passed our conversation to the team. Anything to add? Send it below and the team will see it.'

You can then type in your message (and any photos), then send it

Might take a couple of days to get back to you, but they will

Badge

Hi @tomsan 

Why don't you get your current supplier to upgrade your gas meter ?

..... and then switch.  😁

Badge

Just a bit if extra info.....

A typical household may require 30 kilowatts (kW) as a maximum peak demand. 

Hi
You're talking to fellow PP customers on this forum, and as such we don't have access to customers accounts. But we will help if we can.

It will then offer you a few options of faq, if none apply - then click on the box that says 'message the team',

Then wait until you see the reply from Wattbot saying 'OK, I've passed our conversation to the team. Anything to add? Send it below and the team will see it.'

Thanks. I don't have the app. Can I still use it even if I'm not an account holder?

Just a bit if extra info.....

A typical household may require 30 kilowatts (kW) as a maximum peak demand. 

Thanks. I want to leave my current supplier as they've been useless at installing the larger meter that we need. We need a meter of minimum 71 kWhs. I need to know that pp will do it before I switch

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi

Thanks. I don't have the app. Can I still use it even if I'm not an account holder?

@tomsan 

yes, it will ask you to identify yourself but wattbot still works in app (but not online if you don’t have an account)

I have a feeling PP may not support this as it’s considered to be a commercial meter but I may be wrong.

What does your existing supplier say?