Joining 😑

• 31 December 2018
  • 16 replies

Hello

I have moved into a new apartment and need a supplier. All I could find was β€˜switch’ which I did. I then got a message saying this would happen from late Jan. Which is too late. When asking for help, it said within 48 hours a response would be recieved??? The robot feature is more infuriating than being placed on hold, as it answers nothing. The website layout is not user friendly.

I would have thought any company, particularly new, would make it extremely easy for someone to join.

16 replies

Hello @Jaclyn
Welcome to the community!
Thanks for posting.
It takes about 17 days for the switch to complete.
We'd very much like that to be faster. One day, it will be. For now we're tied to the current industry processes.
Here's a bit more info on how to switch from our FAQs section.
You won't be "cut off" in the meantime. Your property's existing energy supplier will keep supplying energy until you switch to PP.

Hope that helps! Happy to keep chatting of course 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hi jaclyn
welcome to the community.
I may have misinterpreted your email, may I ask, when you said "All I could find was β€˜switch’ which I did" I presume you were looking for an option in the app which gave you a date?
As marc says it currently takes 17 days to switch, and you'll find that's generally true whoever you want to switch to, it's not just a PP thing. This is to allow for a mandatory 14 day cooling-off period.
(It's a brave company who allow future dated switches- that is fraught with dangers)
Why do you say it was difficult to join? Was it because you didn't realise that the only way to join was through the app or was it the process itself? Must admit I found it really easy.

The company you're with now will deem you a customer as they are your supplier until you switch, I suggest you take meter readings and photos in case there is any dispute later, it can take up to 6 weeks for your old supplier to send you a final bill.

As PP don't have call centres wattbot is designed to answer most questions without first sending a message to the PP team, (if you type "message the team" and ask it goes to a human, BUT it's not an instant chat service, it usually takes 2 days for a reply)
PP are aware of the fact that wattbot's auto replies sometimes infuriate and it's work in progress - no matter how clever you try to make it it will infuriate, I've never met anyone who is happy talking to a chatbot, most people avoid them, because 90% of the time they don't give an answer that's expected or is an appropriate resolution to the question.
But the majority of issues are resolved either in the community or ultimately by messaging the team through wattbot.
Your comment about the website is interesting, (I agree by the way) what didn't you like?
Happy New Year

Jaclyn;20227:
Hello

I have moved into a new apartment and need a supplier. All I could find was β€˜switch’ which I did. I then got a message saying this would happen from late Jan. Which is too late. When asking for help, it said within 48 hours a response would be recieved??? The robot feature is more infuriating than being placed on hold, as it answers nothing. The website layout is not user friendly.

I would have thought any company, particularly new, would make it extremely easy for someone to join.
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Hi Jaclyn,
WOZ has COMPREHENSIVELY summed things up, there are NUMEROUS happy Pure Planet customers and the Community are a great bunch with SOLUTIONS & witty observations.

Happy New Year to you πŸ˜„πŸ˜„
Hello

Why is impossible to speak to anyone?

Ive moved into a new place. I need a supplier. Its telling me 16 days.

Please can someone contact me.
Ok thanks Marc

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Woz. Really useful.

- - - Updated - - -

THANKS David. Are they all smug and sarcastic too? Your response was deeply unhelpful.
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Hello jaclyn.
Has your query been answered on your other post ? Or is there another matter the community can help you with?
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hi jaclyn
I can absolutely assure you that David was not being sarcastic, he was being (or trying to be) genuinely nice (if not a tad overly defensive)
I'm not too sure about his use of capital letters though..I can see why you may have thought that..
Hope all goes well with your switch.
(I used to do do sarcasm but it always ends badly...)
Jaclyn;20464:
Ok thanks Marc

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Woz. Really useful.

- - - Updated - - -

THANKS David. Are they all smug and sarcastic too? Your response was deeply unhelpful.
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Hi jaclyn,
I do apologise, my contribution was not helpful to you. As WOZ commented, I was probably over defensive in trying to support a young innovative energy supplier.
Regards David j

PS - My Happy New Year comment to you was genuine .
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
😩😩😩😒. Keep doing what you do David πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ™„
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Bev πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
I have asked the same question 3 times on without but still no answer. My question is , is it possible to pay extra if you have a spike in your consumption? This would avoid the direct debit increasing.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hi jaclyn
Yes it is possible although I suspect you are worrying unnecessarily.
Your consumption is estimated over a whole year, so at this very early stage it's almost certain that it's the wrong thing to do or at least not the best course of action. If you're really concerned that you'll have a significant shortfall over the year it would be better for you to *increase the Direct debit.
However, if you still want to make a one-off payment read
THIS

It's not impossible (to speak to someone), but it's highly unlikely because PP don't have call centres, it keeps costs down.

Contact is through help in the app, ask wattbot, type "message the team" and ask there.(*to increase the DD or ask anything else)
Replies come either through help or sometimes by email depending on the issue.

Jaclyn;20463:
Hello

Why is impossible to speak to anyone?

Ive moved into a new place. I need a supplier. Its telling me 16 days.

Please can someone contact me.
David j;20483:
Hi jaclyn,
I do apologise, my contribution was not helpful to you. As WOZ commented, I was probably over defensive in trying to support a young innovative energy supplier.
Regards David j

PS - My Happy New Year comment to you was genuine .

No need to apologise @David j
You're a valued member of the community. It's great how welcoming you are to others, especially to newbies :foldedhands::)
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Spot on MarcπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hi jim
Yes it is see above
Jim43;20603:
I have asked the same question 3 times on without but still no answer. My question is , is it possible to pay extra if you have a spike in your consumption? This would avoid the direct debit increasing.
Jim43;20603:

Hello @Jim43
Welcome to the community!
Yes, check this FAQ on how to make a one-off payment
πŸ†™