Solved

Joining

• 22 December 2018
  • 16 replies

Did anyone have problems joining. So far I've made 2 payments to Pure Planet and 1 to my previous provider. The change over is still not finished so I will have to make another payment to the previous provider. Instead of paying £66 a month I paid £226 last month and who knows what I will pay at the end of the month.
icon

Best answer by woz 22 December 2018, 18:31

hi Jim63
this isn't a PP issue it's an industry issue, and paying more than one supplier, sometimes for one, two or even 3 months is sadly (to quote Sir Tom) not unusual. Your final bill should be produced in 6 weeks.
You haven't had problems joining PP as you've clearly joined, but what you might want to do if you're in credit with your previous supplier is contact them and ask them to reduce your DD to a minimum or suspend it until you get your final bill. If you cancel it they won't know where to refund. Also if you are in lots of credit you could ask your bank recall one of the DD's which went to your old supplier.

Your figures don't make sense, if your PP payment is £66 a month (which seems very low for a winter payment) I'd expect your old suppliers payment to be similar or perhaps slightly more - how can you be paying £66 to PP and £160 to your old supplier unless it was 2 payments in one month?
Once you get your final bill from the old supplier it will be resolved but you won't be paying for the same energy twice.
Jim63;19891:
Did anyone have problems joining. So far I've made 2 payments to Pure Planet and 1 to my previous provider. The change over is still not finished so I will have to make another payment to the previous provider. Instead of paying £66 a month I paid £226 last month and who knows what I will pay at the end of the month.
View original

16 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hi Jim63
this isn't a PP issue it's an industry issue, and paying more than one supplier, sometimes for one, two or even 3 months is sadly (to quote Sir Tom) not unusual. Your final bill should be produced in 6 weeks.
You haven't had problems joining PP as you've clearly joined, but what you might want to do if you're in credit with your previous supplier is contact them and ask them to reduce your DD to a minimum or suspend it until you get your final bill. If you cancel it they won't know where to refund. Also if you are in lots of credit you could ask your bank recall one of the DD's which went to your old supplier.

Your figures don't make sense, if your PP payment is £66 a month (which seems very low for a winter payment) I'd expect your old suppliers payment to be similar or perhaps slightly more - how can you be paying £66 to PP and £160 to your old supplier unless it was 2 payments in one month?
Once you get your final bill from the old supplier it will be resolved but you won't be paying for the same energy twice.
Jim63;19891:
The app don't work on android therefore I can't switch to pure planet.
nageki78;20201:
The app don't work on android therefore I can't switch to pure planet.

Hi @nageki78
It does work on Android :)
But you need version 5.0 (aka Lollipop) or higher. What kind of phone have you got?
Hi Marc,

I have Mi red note 3 with android 5.0.

I tried to reinstall many times and it is stuck at the logo only
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hi nageki
has your meter been changed? What phone were you using before this one?
nageki78;20252:
Hi Marc,

I have Mi red note 3 with android 5.0.

I tried to reinstall many times and it is stuck at the logo only

Hi @nageki78
Thanks for the info.
Our app does work with Android 5.0 but perhaps there is something on the Xiaomi phone you've got which is causing this bug.
Is there any VPN or other security software on it?
Hi Marc,

Don't think they are any software security.

What else can I do for switching if the app doesn't work ?

Marc;20307:
Hi @nageki78
Thanks for the info.
Our app does work with Android 5.0 but perhaps there is something on the Xiaomi phone you've got which is causing this bug.
Is there any VPN or other security software on it?

- - - Updated - - -

Hi,

My electricity meter has changed to smart but I never had any problems previously.

My phone was broken last month and it works again after I did factory reset. It is android 5.0.2 version now.

Please advise whatelse can I do

Many thanks
nageki78;20308:

My phone was broken last month and it works again after I did factory reset. It is android 5.0.2 version now.

Many thanks

Hi @nageki78
Sounds like whatever broke your phone last month is preventing the app from loading.
We do support Android 5.0 but we can't test the app on all the different types of Android phones, as there are hundreds.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hi @Marc
I asked about the meter because I'm wondering if it's account related at the server end because of the meter change- may be worth checking out?
nageki78;20308:
Hi Marc,

Don't think they are any software security.

What else can I do for switching if the app doesn't work ?

- - - Updated - - -

Hi,

My electricity meter has changed to smart but I never had any problems previously.

Many thanks
woz;20440:
hi @Marc
I asked about the meter because I'm wondering if it's account related at the server end because of the meter change- may be worth checking out?

Good shout @woz 🆙
@nageki78 It would be worth making sure that your current supplier - the one that installed the smart meter - have remembered to update the national database with the new details.
I see that you're now on-boarding with PP now.
This means the app is working OK for you?
Hi Marc,

I only have electricity smart and it was installed by Pure Planet in October last year. I'm now switching back to Pure Planet again. Unfortunately the app still not working but I was using my colleague's phone (ios) to complete the switch. Hehe.

It would be convenience if the app is working on my phone.

Marc;20518:
Good shout @woz 🆙
@nageki78 It would be worth making sure that your current supplier - the one that installed the smart meter - have remembered to update the national database with the new details.
I see that you're now on-boarding with PP now.
This means the app is working OK for you?
nageki78;20521:
I'm now switching back to Pure Planet again. Unfortunately the app still not working but I was using my colleague's phone (ios) to complete the switch. Hehe.

Hi @nageki78
That's very kind of your colleague :)
But it's not ideal as you won't be able to access your account whenever you need to.
I'll ask our tech team to look into the issue with your Xiaomi phone.
Hi Marc,

That would be great if they can fix the problem.

Marc;20529:
Hi @nageki78
That's very kind of your colleague :)
But it's not ideal as you won't be able to access your account whenever you need to.
I'll ask our tech team to look into the issue with your Xiaomi phone.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
just a thought, have you tried a restart on the phone after the app was installed, and is the app installed in main memory or on a memory card?
nageki78;20537:
Hi Marc,

That would be great if they can fix the problem.
Hi,

Yes I did restart the phone after installed and unfortunately the app still not open. I don't have external memory card so all are save in main memory.

woz;20540:
just a thought, have you tried a restart on the phone after the app was installed, and is the app installed in main memory or on a memory card?
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
well it was worth a try..it's quite an old model now so I don't hold out much hope..but it sounds like a connectivity problem...
nageki78;20543:
Hi,

Yes I did restart the phone after installed and unfortunately the app still not open. I don't have external memory card so all are save in main memory.