Solved

Is this company

• 25 September 2019
  • 13 replies

I was forced into this company as a landlord by a tenant. I complained to them but haven't received any response. I have now switched to Ebico but they (PP) have sent an energy bill to the house I was letting out but am now selling. What the! can I do. I can't contact anyone!!!!
icon

Best answer by Nataly 25 September 2019, 17:15

Hi @vaern

Just FYI I've merged your posts into one place to avoid duplicates, as this can get confusing for other members 🆙

If you'd like to get in touch with our Member Services team you can tap 'help' > 'Ask WattBot' in your account and send them a message.

The 'occupier' bill you received will be covering the energy used between when you took over the property to when you switched away to your chosen supplier.

We have an FAQ about making a one-off payment to cover this, which may help?

I also checked this out with our Member Services team - they've let me know they sent you an email on 14 August and again on 29 August to let you know how to contact us and to request further information. The email subject was "FOR INFO: We're on the case", if that helps you find it? 🙂

If you could reply to their email they'll be able to help further and make sure this is settled for you.
View original

13 replies

I had a similar problem being a landlord and the tenant had PP. I moved to Ebico since they do not have a Standing Charge and are a 'not for profit' company. They initially refuse to let me leave but when I sent in a complaint they did. I have not had any response to my complaint and so cannot go to the Ombudsman. I have now been sent a bill to 'The occupier' at this house which I am now selling. What happens to people who don have access to a smart phone or the internet? So I sympathise with your predicament.
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Beware ebico. They do have a standing charge, just not called that and that tariff is 25pence per unit. I think they get away with it as your a sub contracted customer of robin hood energy.
Digital is not for everyone we all get that,
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hi vaern
You obviously have access to the internet because you've posted here.
For those who don't and may have "inherited" PP such as yourself, see reply above re one-off payment, and if you don't have access to wattbot (which if you download the app you will have) because you don't want to register online or use the app, you can send a direct message to marc or nataly little envelope top right.
You would be in the same position with any company, you would need to arrange payment, save to say that PP don't have call centres but communication is possible directly by typing message the team into wattbot, and you will get a reply (not instant circa 24 hrs)
I've also looked at your other posts, it would be helpful to all if you could keep your posts in one thread, it causes less confusion for people who are trying to help you.

vaern;38391:
I had a similar problem being a landlord and the tenant had PP. I moved to Ebico since they do not have a Standing Charge and are a 'not for profit' company. They initially refuse to let me leave but when I sent in a complaint they did. I have not had any response to my complaint and so cannot go to the Ombudsman. I have now been sent a bill to 'The occupier' at this house which I am now selling. What happens to people who don have access to a smart phone or the internet? So I sympathise with your predicament.
I was forced into this company as a landlord by a tenant. I complained to them but haven't received any response. I have now switched to Ebico but they (PP) have sent an energy bill to the house I was letting out but am now selling. What the! can I do. I can't contact anyone!!!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
If all else fails you could just dust off the chq book, thats a point i must check i think mines in a box in the attic.
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
If you know the bill is there why not pop round and pick it up and then either make a one off payment or old school style send a chq.
Hi @vaern

Just FYI I've merged your posts into one place to avoid duplicates, as this can get confusing for other members 🆙

If you'd like to get in touch with our Member Services team you can tap 'help' > 'Ask WattBot' in your account and send them a message.

The 'occupier' bill you received will be covering the energy used between when you took over the property to when you switched away to your chosen supplier.

We have an FAQ about making a one-off payment to cover this, which may help?

I also checked this out with our Member Services team - they've let me know they sent you an email on 14 August and again on 29 August to let you know how to contact us and to request further information. The email subject was "FOR INFO: We're on the case", if that helps you find it? 🙂

If you could reply to their email they'll be able to help further and make sure this is settled for you.
thanks i am not used this kind of contact. the emails you refer do not give any way of contacting the company. The person renting my house left on 17th July and I changed to Ebico. PP would not let me move so i put in a complaint. I was in Fueteventura from 14th - 29th Aug.
Although PP have my details as you can tell because I am able to send these messages, they are still sending to 'the occupier'. This latest bill dated 18th September was sent to the supply address not to my home address. I switched to Ebico on the 30th Aug so your assertion is from when I took over to when I switched away is incorrect. This bill is for the period 17th Aug to 16th Sept. This is a stupid way to conduct business, not being able to contact them. I would never have chosen to use them and it was forced on me by my tenant. I am not against my ex- tenant as he just wanted a cheap deal. Obviously I could only change supplier once my tenant had left because the system does not allow you to change to another supplier whilst someone else has the contract i.e the tenant. The house is now being sold and should complete on Friday 27th Sept which will further complicate things with a company you cannot contact. It is a FARCE.

- - - Updated - - -

Have got the bill but it is for the period 17th Aug to 16th Sept. I moved supplier on 30th Aug to Ebico - who you can talk to and I would highly recommend as a not-for-profit organisation. Since the property was empty I turned off the gas when the tenant left and used only a small amount of electric for security purposes. The initial bill dated 18th Aug was for £60 and assumed 375.7kwh for gas which was actually zero and assumed 254.1 kwh for elec which was actually less than 5kw. this was for the period 17th jul to 16th aug. The next bill dated 18th Sept was for the period above and was for £66.75 - Gas 544kwh - elec 266.2kwh the actual usage would have been as the previous month Gas zero Elec >5kwh. However I left on 30th Aug. This company needs reporting to Ofgem or the case put to the Ombudsman. They are useless
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Hi vaern
When you say you switched to Ebico on the 30 August, did you actually switch on that date, or start the switch. As it takes circa 17 days to switch the 16 September date would make sense
Hi i started it as soon as i could after the tenant had left and i knew what supplier he had. so soon after 17th july. PP initially refused so it took until 30th Aug to actually change.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hi vaern
are you able to use wattbot as suggested?
If so point PP at this thread ( https://community.purepla.net/threads/7250-Is-this-company?p=38438#post38438 ) as it will save you having to explain it again, and can you also clarify, as it isn't clear from your reply, did you switch into Ebico on 30th (i'e. were Ebico charging you from 30th) or is that when you instigated the switch?
Either way you won't be charged for the same energy twice whatever happens. The opening readings used by Ebico will be the same as the closing readings used by PP, so any difference paid will be down to the difference in unit rates between the two, which is very small.
​
vaern;38438:
Hi i started it as soon as i could after the tenant had left and i knew what supplier he had. so soon after 17th july. PP initially refused so it took until 30th Aug to actually change.
Hey @vaern

Our Member Services team have let me know the supplies haven't switched away, as this switched was blocked due to outstanding balance on the account.

Thanks for emailing with the address yesterday - look out for a reply from Tyler from our team today.

He'll be asking for your up to date meter readings to make sure we can bill you accurately 🆙.
You're also then able to switch away to your chosen supplier.
what is wattbot?
​