Question

Incorrect Meter Reading From Orevious Provider

• 13 October 2020
  • 4 replies

New to provider & realised old provider hasnt given correct final readings. How do I get this corrected?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @abbird 

Welcome to the community.

It depends on how far out your readings are, there is a tolerance for readings. Your readings are sent to a third party for verification, and agreed between the suppliers. If your readings are drastically out you will need to contact PP via Wattbot in the help and support section of the app.

Ultimately the  closing figures used by your old supplier are used as starting figures by your new supplier. You won't be charged twice for the same energy

Hi @abbird and welcome to the Community :slight_smile:

Top advice here from @Duppy! Both suppliers have to use the same readings to close/ open your account, if they’re significantly different you could get in touch for us to raise a ‘reading dispute’ to have them changed - more info on that here:thumbsup:

Fund this provider frustrating! Cant find what you need! Cant speak to anyone to sort out! Roll on the end of my contract!

Fund this provider frustrating! Cant find what you need! Cant speak to anyone to sort out! Roll on the end of my contract!

Hi @abbird 

Is your frustration regarding a new issue, or is it still related to your readings?

The advice @Duppy gave you regarding what happens when you switch, relates to the OFGEM mandated industry standard, so there’s not much Pure Planet, or any other supplier for that matter, can do about it.

'WattBot', Pure Planet’s automated response system should be able to provide answers to most 'ordinary’ questions, have you tried asking WattBot, either in your app, or on the Pure Planet website? If so, and it was not able to help, did it  allow you to leave a message for the Member Services Team?

Is there anything we can try to assist you with?

Kindest Regards

Gwyndy