Solved

in between contracts

• 24 September 2020
  • 2 replies

My contract with my current supplier ends on 4th october and have made the switch to you but it says that I won’t be under contract until 17th. What shall I do about supply in between ? 

icon

Best answer by woz 24 September 2020, 17:50

hi @Momo 

you’ll still be with your current supplier until your switch date, presumably at whatever their standard variable rate is, or they may hold the old rate. Your supply won’t go off.

Eventually your old supplier will produce a final bill, which can take up to 6 weeks, during which time they will continue to take the direct debit. If you’re in lots of credit with them it may be worth asking them to reduce the dd in the interim. 

You could always check with your current supplier to see what the rate will be for the 12  days

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

hi @Momo 

you’ll still be with your current supplier until your switch date, presumably at whatever their standard variable rate is, or they may hold the old rate. Your supply won’t go off.

Eventually your old supplier will produce a final bill, which can take up to 6 weeks, during which time they will continue to take the direct debit. If you’re in lots of credit with them it may be worth asking them to reduce the dd in the interim. 

You could always check with your current supplier to see what the rate will be for the 12  days

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hello Momo. 

This is a fairly common problem, but fear not you will simply stay on your current contract as it will be extended until the day you actually switch to PP towers. 

The lights wont go out.