Solved

I hought I had changed my energy supplier to Pure Planet.

• 25 September 2020
  • 9 replies

I thought I had joined Pure Planet on the 25/07/20 and I got my welcome pack and you had all my bank details and said how much the monthly payments would be but now it appears I am still with my old supplier. I joined after seeing you on MSE.com. HELP

icon

Best answer by pigiron 28 September 2020, 15:22

Hi Gwyndy and woz

I got a welcome pack and the amount that would be taken each month with the first payment on the 25th July. No I can’t log in to my account so I must have missed something and I am still with my previous supplier as they have asked for a meter reading.

I don’t know how to contact PP to see if I can re-apply for the original offer as I don’t seem to have an account number.  I suppose this is what can happen when everything is digital online.

Thank you all for your time and help.

Regards Chris 

View original

9 replies

I thought I had joined Pure Planet on the 25/07/20 and I got my welcome pack and you had all my bank details and said how much the monthly payments would be but now it appears I am still with my old supplier. I joined after seeing you on MSE.com. HELP

Hi @pigiron 

Welcome to the Pure Planet community.

When you signed up via MSE (using the ‘Cheap Energy Club?), you should have received an email with a welcome pack, asking you to confirm that you did indeed wish to switch.

Please see this the switching from a price comparison site guide for more information, and an image of the email, showing the ‘confirm’ button.

Did you receive that email? and if so, did you confirm the switch?

I’m not sure there’s much Pure Planet can do two months after the event, if the app works for you, you could try opening WattBot in the app, or when logged in on the Pure Planet website.

Three horizontal lines top right.
‘Get Help and Support.
‘Ask a question.’

Type your ‘not switched to Pure Planet’ query in, and WattBot should hopefully either assist you, or pass you through to leave a message for someone to get back to you.

Kindest Regards

Gwyndy

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

hi @pigiron 

there is not much to go on in your post.

I’m wondering if you’ve made some assumptions here. I think what MAY have happened here is that either

1.Your original supplier hasn’t closed the account and sent you a final bill yet, and consequently are still taking direct debits, because the final readings aren’t agreed or 

if PP are not taking direct debits

2.The switch was blocked and you weren’t told or were told but missed the email.(have a look?)

Are you able to log into your Pure planet account?

What do you see?

Have you been asked to provide readings for PP?

Is the account showing any figures?

If none of this helps and you are able to log in are you in app or online?

Are you able to able to use help and support? If you don’t have an account help and support only works with the app, not online.

Hi Gwyndy and woz

I got a welcome pack and the amount that would be taken each month with the first payment on the 25th July. No I can’t log in to my account so I must have missed something and I am still with my previous supplier as they have asked for a meter reading.

I don’t know how to contact PP to see if I can re-apply for the original offer as I don’t seem to have an account number.  I suppose this is what can happen when everything is digital online.

Thank you all for your time and help.

Regards Chris 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi Chris, when going completely digital it is easy to miss a communication, however, there is usually a prompt function built in to pick up this type of situation. 
Hope things work out for you (PP still have competitive offers on). 

Thanks David

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@pigiron 

fyi PP don’t have account numbers

As you’ve received a welcome pack I wonder whether  your switch was blocked and has timed out.

Has the DD been taken?

Have you contacted you previous provider to see if they can shed light on this?

I think one of the admin @Marc or @Nataly should pass this onto the team to check what’s happened here.

Hi woz

I am going to contact my provider to find out and there does not seem to be anything taken from the direct debit so it most likely timed out or was somehow blocked

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@pigiron 

you should have received an email if it was blocked, I’m sure you must have verified the account, do you remember doing that (I can’t see that it would progress to a welcome pack otherwise)

This is a strange one...

Hey @pigiron 

Looks like @woz has hit the nail on the head here! I checked this one out with our Member Services team - they’ve let me know they sent an email on 9 July to say your current supplier blocked your switch to us.

The email has subject line “IMPORTANT: Your current energy supplier is blocking your switch to us”, if that helps you locate it? 

When that happens, it’s best to contact your current energy supplier to sort any reason for the block, and then start a new switch to Pure Planet:relaxed:

Nice one @David j @Gwyndy @woz for jumping in to help :raised_hands: