Solved

I have a second home and I want you to be the supplier, how do I do this?

I have a second home and want you to supply energy, how do I swap as there does not seem to be an option to add another home anywhere?
icon

Best answer by Jon1 8 June 2019, 16:36

Hello Dee Blaikie.
There are 2 ways to do this.
1. Download the app onto a second device and then sign up using a second email address (Thats imperative). Get a quote and switch as you did for your main house

2. Log out of the app you use for your main house. Then instead of logging in get a quote and sign up again using a second email address.

The important fact is that currently each acct has to be registered with its own email acct. I have 2 accts and on one device and simply log out and back in again to switch accts once a month to give readings. Bit of a faff but its only once a month.
View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hi Dee Blaikie
At present you can't add multiple properties to the app, but it's on the PP roadmap.
The only way to do this now is to open a second account for home 2, note, each account needs a unique (to PP) email address (easy if you're gmail).
Simply log out of the app and log in/join with the second account, bearing in mind you'll need to be able to access the email on the device to be able to log in.​
There are a number of members who do this successfully
Personally I think it's a lot easier to use a second device then you don't have to log in and out.
If you need more help post back.
Dee Blaikie;30848:
I have a second home and want you to supply energy, how do I swap as there does not seem to be an option to add another home anywhere?
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Hello Dee Blaikie.
There are 2 ways to do this.
1. Download the app onto a second device and then sign up using a second email address (Thats imperative). Get a quote and switch as you did for your main house

2. Log out of the app you use for your main house. Then instead of logging in get a quote and sign up again using a second email address.

The important fact is that currently each acct has to be registered with its own email acct. I have 2 accts and on one device and simply log out and back in again to switch accts once a month to give readings. Bit of a faff but its only once a month.
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
I do the same as Jon, Dee, and log in and out once a month from my one device (iPad) and use two separate BT Mail accounts. Works perfectly, and it’s only once a month as I have an account for my parents fuel too. Very easy to do 👍
If you do create two accounts by using two different emails... there's no advantage of already being a member, as you will need to pay two separate membership fees? Would you be able to claim Refer a Friend?

Would it be OK to set up the direct debit from a single account?
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Hi Dunncha,

I can see you've read the great advice above from fellow customer members.
First of all the membership fee is no different than a standing charge and no supplier would provide a discount on their standard charge for a second property. Each property is a separate business entity. Plus PP does not make a profit from its clean energy, its provided at cost price with no mark up and the fee covers their operational costs. And hopefully some profit so that they can continue offering the great service offer!

I would suggest that with 2 emails address and two accounts that PP would offer a voucher and allow multiple DD's from one bank account...but do not take my word for it...why not download the APP and contact PP direct so that you get the thumbs up direct from the source as in Pure Planet HQ. Their a nice friendly bunch.

From the APP, open help, open ask wattBot, first type "Message the Team" and post your questions.
Revert back to the APP for a response which can take a day or two.

All the best and look out for more feedback
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Hi dunncha.
If you refer yourself then it would have to be to a seperate email and on a seperate device, as using the refer link will force you to download the app and any connection to your current app would flag up as dodgy. Never tried it myself but im sure somebody would of done it somewhere.
The DD for both accts can be set up to come out of the same bank acct but as seperate payments. Again though this may invalidate the referral bonus as your clearly linking both accts to the same person. Not tried but again others may of done so.
Membership fees are due on both accts,
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hi dunncha
You can use whatever bank account you wish, it doesn't matter if it's the same as the direct debit will have a unique reference.
I suppose as you will be paying a 2nd membership fee it's not unreasonable to refer your other email/account - I don't know what checks are in place, but where I can see problems is if the property address was the same, but for another property I can't see a difference between it being you who is setting up the account or for example your wife/son/daughter etc. Dunno for sure but nothing lost by trying.

dunncha;31245:
If you do create two accounts by using two different emails... there's no advantage of already being a member, as you will need to pay two separate membership fees? Would you be able to claim Refer a Friend?

Would it be OK to set up the direct debit from a single account?
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
I believe referral will work when only using one device.
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
I can confirm, referral will work indeed, using one device and two separate email addresses 👍.