Solved

I am switching in 4 days - how late do I leave the final / opening meter reading?

• 4 August 2020
  • 5 replies

Do you leave it until 11:59 the night before ; ) ? 

Botwattnot thingymebob is asking me x4 days out. Is that too early to get an accurate reading?

icon

Best answer by woz 4 August 2020, 18:41

Botwattnot thingymebob is asking me x4 days out. Is that too early to get an accurate reading?

hi @Dimspark I love your username and welcome to the community

It doesn’t matter much,  I’d say do it a couple of days before to give PP a chance to update your account, in practice it hardly makes any difference for any small difference in reading, (after all it’s only ever the difference in unit pricing between the old and new, fractions of pence times the few units difference if it’s not exact) and if it’s a long time before the switch PP or your outgoing supplier will agree an estimate for the few days until the change. 

PP only send it a bit early because they know people don’t always do it straight away. There’s quite a large window of opportunity before and after the switch to send the readings before an agreed estimate is used if you haven’t sent, and even then if it’s grossly wrong you can dispute (although there is a tolerance below which you can’t dispute it)

Submit them 2 days before it’ll be fine.

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Thanks. I've sent it now but will make a note for the day of switch for ref. 

👍

Don’t worry if it’s a bit out from actuality when the switch happens, it matters not (is my advice).

I have visions of you standing over the meter at 23:59:59...:stopwatch:

Thanks. I've sent it now but will make a note for the day of switch for ref. 

👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

hi @Dimspark I love your username and welcome to the community

It doesn’t matter much,  I’d say do it a couple of days before to give PP a chance to update your account, in practice it hardly makes any difference for any small difference in reading, (after all it’s only ever the difference in unit pricing between the old and new, fractions of pence times the few units difference if it’s not exact) and if it’s a long time before the switch PP or your outgoing supplier will agree an estimate for the few days until the change. 

PP only send it a bit early because they know people don’t always do it straight away. There’s quite a large window of opportunity before and after the switch to send the readings before an agreed estimate is used if you haven’t sent, and even then if it’s grossly wrong you can dispute (although there is a tolerance below which you can’t dispute it)

Submit them 2 days before it’ll be fine.

The sooner you take it, the sooner you benefit from the cheaper energy… 🥵

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Botwattnot thingymebob 

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂