How will I know when the switch has been completed

• 15 December 2017
  • 9 replies

Hi,
I started the switch process a week or so ago and it said it would take 17 days - is this absolutely certain, and does it include weekends? How will I know when the switch is complete, will I get an email or something?
Thanks!

9 replies

ps - correction - I think I switched on or around the 30th. Thanks!
Hi @Phillipa, it can take 17-23 days, but we always aim for 17 :)

You will receive an email from us to let you know that the switch is complete. Any other questions? Happy to help however I can.
Ok, thanks! It's been 20 days so hopefully any day now!
Hi @Phillipa,
Have you received any emails from us since you switched? If so, how many? I want to check you're on the right track 🙂
Hi Toby, no, no emails yet at all! (Also, your @Philippa link doesn't spell my name correctly, and doesn't cover the 'a' either, which may be why I am not receiving emails to say I'm getting messages - perhaps it's all related?) Thanks for your help.
Hi @Philippa, does that mention work?
Let me look into this for you now 🙂. Sorry for the mis-spelling of your name!
Ah yes it does thank you, I've received the notification in my emails. Thank you for your help and quick response! I look forward to an update on my switch.
How did you know to inform my previous provider (EDF)that contract ends 19.01.18
Hi @Martiran and welcome!
We always let the previous supplier know about the switch as part of the switching process. All you need to do is join and our team will take care of the rest. Unless you're worried about something? Happy to keep chatting.