Solved

How to set up direct debit and pay bills?

• 21 September 2018
  • 5 replies

We registered with pure planet in July. I thought my I had set up a direct debit but today received several bills. Checked my account and not been paying since set up.

The bills say “ways to pay on final page”. There are no instructions on final page.

How do I pay bills? How do I set up a direct debit? There does not appear to be a function on the app to do either.

Chris
icon

Best answer by woz 21 September 2018, 21:42

hi Chris
Did you get bills every month by email or are these bills the first ones you've seen?

When you registered to switch you will have given your bank details. I don't have knowledge of PP's auditing systems but it's odd that it's taken 3 months for them to realise that you haven't paid the first direct debit, especially given that the first DD should have been taken on the day you switched.
(My guess is there's been a screw up with the bank account and they've been charging a different account and it's just come to light)

Anyway that doesn't answer your question.
I have no doubt that your message here will be picked up by Marc, and you will/may be able to sort this by Direct Message then email (little envelope top right), however the way to organise to pay is to go to HELP in the app, ask wattbot, type "message the team" and ask them to contact you to enable you to set up a direct debit and agree a payment schedule.
It's not a live chat service, it may take a day or so to get a reply.
View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hi Chris
Did you get bills every month by email or are these bills the first ones you've seen?

When you registered to switch you will have given your bank details. I don't have knowledge of PP's auditing systems but it's odd that it's taken 3 months for them to realise that you haven't paid the first direct debit, especially given that the first DD should have been taken on the day you switched.
(My guess is there's been a screw up with the bank account and they've been charging a different account and it's just come to light)

Anyway that doesn't answer your question.
I have no doubt that your message here will be picked up by Marc, and you will/may be able to sort this by Direct Message then email (little envelope top right), however the way to organise to pay is to go to HELP in the app, ask wattbot, type "message the team" and ask them to contact you to enable you to set up a direct debit and agree a payment schedule.
It's not a live chat service, it may take a day or so to get a reply.
Hi @Cmharrison
Thanks for posting. @woz is spot on. Our Member services team can take a look at this for you
I've flaggd this with them and they've received your message sent in WattBot chat, and will reply.
It will get sorted 🆙
I have just switched but you cancelled my durect debit. I need it set up again asap. Can Marc help.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hi bmurphy
Has your switch definitely gone ahead? If you're sure it has go to help in the app, ask wattbot, type message the team and ask why it's been cancelled. If it was an error you'll be able to just give your banking details.
(could be just an error but I'm thinking maybe it was cancelled because of a problem with the switch?)
bwmurphyuk;12914:
I have just switched but you cancelled my durect debit. I need it set up again asap. Can Marc help.
bwmurphyuk;12914:

Hi @bwmurphyuk
Thanks for flagging this
You can change your DD account in the app
Instructions here from the community knowledge hub
Happy to keep chatting too of course 🙂