Solved

How to join Pure Planet in a new build where postcode / house not recognised

• 29 June 2018
  • 8 replies

My Son has just bought a new build and been in it 2 days, he wants to move to Pure Planet but is unable to do so as his post code / house number is not recognised on the site - is there a way to sign up offline ?
icon

Best answer by Marc 2 July 2018, 11:05

Hi @Martynh
Fantastic news that your son wants to join Pure Planet! :foldedhands:
Unfortunately, we cannot connect power at a new property.
He will need to contact one of the 'Big 6' suppliers to get it connected.
Then once he is connected he can of course switch to Pure Planet!

Hope that helps. Happy to keep chatting.

Thanks for jumping in @woz
View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hi Martyn
It can take a while for databases to be updated. Have other companies recognised his postcode (Insurance for example)

In reply to your question there is no way to sign up offline, if you're on supply with PP you could send a query on behalf of your son via HELP in the App, wattbot then message the team, of if not you could send a query via Direct Message (little envelope at top right here) to Marc, the admin and someone from the team will advise on your best course of action.
It's possible that they may be able to enter the info manually or update their database, but I don't know.
Yes Insurance (home & car) picked the address up fine, probably the MPAN/MPRN not yet caught up.

The app isn't working for me (i'm on iOS 9 so waiting for the updated app).
I'll DM Marc on Monday and see how we can progress,
Hi @Martynh
Fantastic news that your son wants to join Pure Planet! :foldedhands:
Unfortunately, we cannot connect power at a new property.
He will need to contact one of the 'Big 6' suppliers to get it connected.
Then once he is connected he can of course switch to Pure Planet!

Hope that helps. Happy to keep chatting.

Thanks for jumping in @woz
Hi Marc

The supply is already connected and BG are the supplier, the builder has told my son that they want him to stay with BG for at least 8 weeks (to me that sounds like they get a kick back from BG if they do).

Just checked PP website and his house now shows 😃 , new customer on it's way later today.
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Yes builders do get a kickback from some energy companies. Same sort of commission switch companies get from some suppliers.
Martynh;7891:
Hi Marc

The supply is already connected and BG are the supplier, the builder has told my son that they want him to stay with BG for at least 8 weeks (to me that sounds like they get a kick back from BG if they do).

Just checked PP website and his house now shows 😃 , new customer on it's way later today.

Brilliant stuff @Martynh
🆙:)
Enjoy the rest of today - what a beautiful day it is too! 🆒
Any news on when the iOS 9 app will be released, thats the only thing holding him up now.

I've got solar panels, just had a look and over last 33 days generated 599kwh, loving the sun.
Hi @Martynh
Hopefully in the next few days.
Our tech team are working with Apple to get it sorted :checkmark: