Solved

How to change tariff?

• 13 October 2020
  • 2 replies

we are about to come online with PP, but would like to change the tariff we originally selected. How can i do this without cancelling down the entire switch and starting again? I can’t see any option online or on the app to be able to do this?

icon

Best answer by Angelabikerbabe 13 October 2020, 12:27

Hi

If you selected the variable tariff initially,   then you would have to wait until after your switch date, and then switch.

If you selected the fixed tariff initially, you won't be able to do this after your switch without incurring fees, so I would presume the only way to do this one would be to cancel the switch altogether and start a new switch. 

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi

If you selected the variable tariff initially,   then you would have to wait until after your switch date, and then switch.

If you selected the fixed tariff initially, you won't be able to do this after your switch without incurring fees, so I would presume the only way to do this one would be to cancel the switch altogether and start a new switch. 

Hi @MelT .

I think @Angelabikerbabe is quite correct, you are unfortunately stuck until either the your current switch goes through, or you cancel it.

When I switched from variable to fixed, I was given a new ‘cooling-off’ period (presumably to comply with OFGEM guidelines) and it’s possible that’s why you can’t change tariff between deciding to join, and actually joining.

You could try using WattBot in the app to see if it has any suggestions, it may even send a message to the team for you to ask whether anything can be done - however responses from Member Services are taking up to 3 working days at the moment.

Kindest regards

Gwyndy