Solved

How does this work?

Hello, I switched to Pure Planet in June.

I got a verification link on 12/6/2020.

I am still not switched yet. Do I need to download the app? Can’t I control things through an online account? Is the only help either on the forum or through the app?

Every time I try to login online I get a verification link? Is there no account for me to login and check my details?

How does this all work? Why the delay with my switch? I’ve never had problems with other energy companies and I switch regularly.

Thank you,

icon

Best answer by Marc 30 July 2020, 16:45

Hi @ad1 Welcome to the community! Thanks for getting stuck in. :relaxed:

Cheers for the heads-up @woz 

I’ve flagged this with our Member services team @ad1 and it looks like the switch expired in June. I suspect, if it was via a price comparison website, that’s because we started a newer promotion/offer with them.

This means you’ll need to start the switch again. You can sign up directly from the PP website - we do have a ‘summer special’ at the moment

View original

10 replies

BTW, I understand you can’t get the switch going until I click on the link. I did click on the link and din’t get any errors so didn’t see the need to delete cache or old emails etc.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

BTW, I understand you can’t get the switch going until I click on the link. I did click on the link and din’t get any errors so didn’t see the need to delete cache or old emails etc.

hi @ad1 

you don’t need the app, and you can “control things” through an online account.

Go to purepla.net, click on log in.

Assuming you can access your email on the same device or computer go to your email you will have received a verification mail, click on the log in link in that mail, this will log you in to your account, then click on your account top right.

There should be a drop down menu.

If the login fails for any reason you must delete the previous login mails before you try again, as it’s really easy to click on the wrong one and end up going round in a circle.

https://community.purepla.net/getting-in-touch-39/pure-planet-web-guide-10358

Post back?

I’m unclear whether you have verified your switch.Did the below happen?

When you click ‘verify your email address’ you’ll be shown a summary of your switch details, including your Direct Debit payments and contract details. Tap ‘confirm’ - then we’ll start your switch! Welcome to Pure Planet. 

Thank you for your reply. I have followed the links that I am sent but do not get to DD and contact details. The button on the webpage says “Logout” so I must be logged in but there are no account specific details or info about my switch.

I don’t think it is a case of using old links because if I click on them I am told by the website that they have expired. I am not using a VPN but I wonder whether if I did use a VPN in the past and now none of the links will work?

For whatever reason it seems I am unable to verify my account and now my switch is taking ages.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

In which case I suspect you’ve not switched, but if you have your account isn’t working as it should. Someone from the team will need to verify whether you have switched. Since you have no access to help and support as your account isn’t working @Marc will need to pick this up and ask the team to check it out.

You have to go through the “verify” process to switch as I wrote above . You may need to start the process again.

Hi @ad1 Welcome to the community! Thanks for getting stuck in. :relaxed:

Cheers for the heads-up @woz 

I’ve flagged this with our Member services team @ad1 and it looks like the switch expired in June. I suspect, if it was via a price comparison website, that’s because we started a newer promotion/offer with them.

This means you’ll need to start the switch again. You can sign up directly from the PP website - we do have a ‘summer special’ at the moment

Thank you @Marc . Nice to know my switch did not work! Yes, the switch was through MSE’s Cheap Energy Club. I am a regular switcher and have never had a problem before. I am sure you can understand if I don’t want to do the process again. What happens if it doesn’t work again? Besides, the offer that I signed up to seems to be better than the Summer Special. I see the offer is still on the Cheap Energy Club website but the £54 bill credit seems to have disappeared.

Can someone just make this switch happen as it was supposed to please?

Yes I’m pretty sure our Member services team can sort this for you @ad1 

You’ll need to send them a message directly via WattBot in the Pure Planet app. If you can’t login don’t worry, you can still do it being logged out but include your email address in the message.

I will of course give them a heads-up to expect you. :thumbsup:

(As a mere community manager I don’t have access to Members’ accounts to do this for you myself. Someone in our team may also need to do some security checks.)

(You’re much more than a mere community manager… 😛)

Thank you. So I need to install the mobile app and use WattBot in this instance but otherwise I can use my web browser to contact Member Services?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Thank you. So I need to install the mobile app and use WattBot in this instance but otherwise I can use my web browser to contact Member Services?

hi @ad1 You only have access to wattbot on the web if you have an active account so you can’t use your web browser to contact Member services on the web.

(Not terribly friendly for those who don’t want to use the app, but that’s the way PP have chosen to do things)