Solved

how do i set my starting payments lower?

• 16 September 2020
  • 6 replies

I’m with another supplier at the moment but know that these are cheaper as looked at all costs.  However…. they are asking for 50% more on dd than I pay presently each month!!!! I’m £128 in credit with my existing supplier too!!!! My bills are sooooooo low - how can I change this. 
how do I set my starting direct debits lower?  

icon

Best answer by woz 16 September 2020, 18:50

@Sweepinghand 

I can’t decode your title typo but I can answer the question or what I think the question is…

PP charge differently, you pay 60% of the annual costs between oct. and march, and 40% between apr.-sept. This is because you use more energy in the colder months.

This may have misled you into thinkig the prices were more expensive , which it is in the winter but cheaper in the summer.

Example 12 equal payments of £100 with your old provider would translate to 6 payments of £120 and 6 of £80. If you looked at the £120 your initial reaction was that it was a lot more expensive but it’s the same.

What’s important here is when you got your quote did you enter the correct number (as near as you can guess it) for annual consumption?

If you did your quote should be OK.

You have 2 options

either roll with it and it will even out over the year,
or,
enter a lower figure for your annual energy guesstimate and inevitably you’ll build up debt and have to increase the payments to cover it.

You can ask for a review at any time through help and support, wattbot, but once you accept the quote you can’t change the first payment, if you ask for a reasonable reduction  and if pp agree  they can then change subsequent payments.

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@Sweepinghand 

I can’t decode your title typo but I can answer the question or what I think the question is…

PP charge differently, you pay 60% of the annual costs between oct. and march, and 40% between apr.-sept. This is because you use more energy in the colder months.

This may have misled you into thinkig the prices were more expensive , which it is in the winter but cheaper in the summer.

Example 12 equal payments of £100 with your old provider would translate to 6 payments of £120 and 6 of £80. If you looked at the £120 your initial reaction was that it was a lot more expensive but it’s the same.

What’s important here is when you got your quote did you enter the correct number (as near as you can guess it) for annual consumption?

If you did your quote should be OK.

You have 2 options

either roll with it and it will even out over the year,
or,
enter a lower figure for your annual energy guesstimate and inevitably you’ll build up debt and have to increase the payments to cover it.

You can ask for a review at any time through help and support, wattbot, but once you accept the quote you can’t change the first payment, if you ask for a reasonable reduction  and if pp agree  they can then change subsequent payments.

Go ahead I’ve updated the last sentence! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I did anyway, i’d have guessed amounts not direct debits but the answer is the same!

Thankyou 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@Sweepinghand  you’re very welcome, and welcome to the community.

Hey @Sweepinghand and welcome to the Community! 

Glad to see @woz has helped sort this for you :grinning:

I’ve also edited the title of your post for you!