Solved

How do I access Wattbot?

I’m fairly new to PP and using desktop only, not mobile app.

I’m logged in on https://community.purepla.net/topic/new at the moment.

In another window I’m logged in on https://purepla.net/app  If I click More and then click Help & Support I can’t get onto Wattbot.

Ho do I navigate to Wattbot?

icon

Best answer by Nataly 16 July 2020, 12:14

Hi @Shello 

I’ve checked this out with our Member Services team - it looks like your switch was blocked by your current supplier - an email was sent to let you know yesterday (15 July) with subject line “IMPORTANT: Your current energy supplier is blocking your switch to us” - this FAQ includes info on what to do if your switch has been blocked and you came via MSE.

That explains why you’d be seeing the option to ‘get a quote’, since your switch has been stopped due to the block.

I hope it helps!

View original

22 replies

If you’ve got that far, you just click on Ask a Question.

If your question is generic, Wattbot will generate potential answers. If your question is specific to your account, type “Message the team”. Then type your question or message. The PP team will usually get back to you within 1-2 business days.

[Later edit: You may be on the wrong Web page. Try https://purepla.net/me/#/home . Then click top right to drop to Get Help and Support. Then follow above instructions.]

I can’t access Wattbot.  People talk about a page with moons and three bars - how do I navigate to that page?

Your further link takes me to a page inviting me to get a quote and find out how much I can save.

The top right of the page has a ‘Log out’ option, so presumably I’m logged in?

Still getting nowhere . . .

I appreciate you trying to help me, Dunroving.  Like you, I am switching via MSE but you seem to have been able to get to grips with how PP works far better than me.

I find the whole set up very frustrating.  Spent all yesterday waiting for answers on Wattbot and now can’t get back on it to check for replies.

Drafting some feedback for the MSE website to warn others!

Hi @Shello 

I’ve checked this out with our Member Services team - it looks like your switch was blocked by your current supplier - an email was sent to let you know yesterday (15 July) with subject line “IMPORTANT: Your current energy supplier is blocking your switch to us” - this FAQ includes info on what to do if your switch has been blocked and you came via MSE.

That explains why you’d be seeing the option to ‘get a quote’, since your switch has been stopped due to the block.

I hope it helps!

Yes, as as requested yesterday I spoke to my current supplier who confirmed that there was no block on either fuel and nothing preventing the switch.

I also asked a further question yesterday regarding my meter.  I used to have Economy 7 heating so my meter has two readings, one for day usage and one for night, but I am on the same tariff for both.

Is that a problem for PP?  Can I submit two readings?

Nobody replied to my Wattbot question about the meter yesterday - and today I can’t get on Wattbot to check for a reply.

Yes, as as requested yesterday I spoke to my current supplier who confirmed that there was no block on either fuel and nothing preventing the switch.

I also asked a further question yesterday regarding my meter.  I used to have Economy 7 heating so my meter has two readings, one for day usage and one for night, but I am on the same tariff for both.

Hi Shello, I definitely feel your pain. I am now switched, but my jury is still out regarding PP, and the fact these sorts of messages come up regularly is a concern. Even if they aren’t a large % of potential customers, the ill-will of a small number of people being very annoyed is greater than the sum of its parts, IMO.

Anyway, rant notwithstanding, I offer the following observations:

My previous supplier similarly told me there was nothing blocking the switch - but they aren’t PP, and can’t tell you what action PP has taken. What generally happens (apparently) is that almost immediately PP receives a block notice from your previous supplier, they *cancel* the switch.

In my case, I paid off a *small* negative balance with my old supplier within 2 minutes of receiving their email (they really shouldn’t have blocked the switch based on such a small amount, but that’s besides the current point). THE NEXT DAY (a whole day after I sorted out the block), I received an email from PP saying they had cancelled the switch.

My guess is that PP has cancelled your switch. You have three choices, if that’s the case:

1. Do nothing (stay with your old supplier, potentially switching to a better plan).
  2. Re-apply for a quote/switch to PP. If your original switch carried a bonus like cashback or account credit, normally PP will honour those conditions if you re-apply - though I imagine you’d need to do it fairly promptly (not a month later).
  3. Apply for a switch/quote to/from another supplier.

Hope this helps, and that your frustrations don’t spoil your day. Remember, there’s no point wasting energy on things you can’t change. ;-)

I also have a meter with 2 readings (day/night). PP uses one tariff for day and night. I’ve received advice on here from other customers that PP *might* somehow revert to a single reading (the third reading you get on your meter is a total of the other two).

This *might* later present a problem if you want to switch to another supplier who uses two tariffs, if your history of two readings is somehow negated. What I have done, and will continue to do, is take photos regularly of both readings, and supply both to PP via Wattbot. At least then (a) I will have a historical record of both readings, and (b) can make a case that I have supplied both readings to PP every month.

Thanks for your sympathy, Dunroving!  Much appreciated.

My problem now is that the email I had from PP yesterday says “For now, we've cancelled your switch to Pure Planet.” so I’m not clear as to whether my switch is actually cancelled or merely suspended and they will make another attempt to switch me later.  What does cancelled “For now” mean?

I’ve decided to give up on this outfit - but since I am cancelled (for now?) I can’t get into my account to actually cancel to enable me to start again at MSE.  Grrrr!

Thanks for your sympathy, Dunroving!  Much appreciated.

My problem now is that the email I had from PP yesterday says “For now, we've cancelled your switch to Pure Planet.” so I’m not clear as to whether my switch is actually cancelled or merely suspended and they will make another attempt to switch me later.  What does cancelled “For now” mean?

I’ve decided to give up on this outfit - but since I am cancelled (for now?) I can’t get into my account to actually cancel to enable me to start again at MSE.  Grrrr!

Unless something has changed drastically in PP practice, it means your switch has been *CANCELLED* (and not just “for now” - it’s ambiguous language like this that I have tried highlighting to PP, but they don’t seem to see it). To be clear, PURE PLANET WILL NOT RESTART YOUR SWITCH REQUEST - YOU HAVE TO DO THIS. (Those full caps are not aimed at you, but will hopefully highlight this fact to anybody else who may come across this thread).

It takes 2 days for “your account to be reset” (more of PP’s ambiguous language). It means that at the moment, your account status is frozen, and you’ll have to wait a day or two before you can apply for a new quote/switch. 

[I don’t think this prevents you from switching to somebody else, only prevents you from applying for a new PP quote. If you wish to tell MSE CEC that your switch has been cancelled, you can email them at energyclub@moneysavingexpert.com]

Hey @Shello @Dunroving 

As part of recent feedback around blocked switches we’re looking at the language used in the ‘blocked switch’ email, including removing ‘for now’ as we understand the confusion this has caused some Members :thumbsup: 

Thank you for your feedback around this, we’re absolutely listening to it and finding ways to improve - here in the Community we’ve recently updated our FAQs based off your feedback, too :slight_smile:

MSE also advise how to contact them to get your switching status updated @Shello if you’d like to start a new switch - there’s more info on that in their FAQs

@Dunroving Thank you so much for that!  Your replies are so much clearer than anything from PP themselves.

Nataly has just commented - but doesn’t deal with the query regarding meters raised earlier, so do we just wait for it to be dealt with here or does it need to be a new conversation?  It’s this sort of thing that would be covered so easily in a phone call and I find too frustrating I’m afraid.

I can’t understand how they got a ‘good’ rating for their performance on MSE.  I’ve wasted two days trying to sort out my switch and waiting for replies - all of which could have been dealt with in a couple of minutes on the phone or in a proper Live Chat.

I’ll give it a couple of days and see if the ‘Switch in Progress’ flag has been removed in MSE Cheap Energy Club so I can switch to a company who talk to their customers.  I’d rather be on hold for 30 minutes than have to wait hours to get half an answer.

Another morning wasted!

Hi @Shello 

Welcome to the Pure Planet Community.

Apologies if you feel you are getting the ‘run around,’ unfortunately, presumably due to Data Protection legislation, no-one at the Pure Planet ‘Community’ has direct access to your account information, so when something goes ‘wrong’ most of the advice we can supply is based around using WattBot to contact Pure Planet support.

This ‘new’ forum was supposed to be better at ‘directing’ people to existing answers to their questions, however, judging by the number of ‘repeated’ questions we’ve been receiving here from people having issues with blocked switches, either it’s not as clever as they thought, or people aren’t asking what it considers to be the ‘right’ questions.

According to this thread at least, you should be automatically requested to enter both sets of usage readings in when you have an Economy 7 meter.

If you want to be sure, you could send a Direct Message to @Nataly,  possibly including a photo of your meter, so that she can get confirmation.

Kindest Regards
Gwyndy

Thanks @Gwyndy for taking the trouble to respond.

I’m sure the answers to most customer questions are somewhere in the community forum if you’ve got all the time in the world to keep going down different threads, coming back, trying another thread etc but most of us haven’t.

“I know where your car keys are but don’t ask me unless you’ve searched the entire house and can’t find them.”

And should you even rely on answers given by other community members?  If they turn out to be wrong, you have no recourse to PP - “You might have read it in the forum but we never told you that so you can’t blame us.”

As my switch has been cancelled “for now” I have no access to Wattbot to ask any questions about my account.  Do I even have an account?  Presumably I do as I can still post on here - which suggests my switch hasn’t been cancelled. Totally confusing.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Shello 

Apologies if you feel you are getting the ‘run around,’ unfortunately, presumably due to Data Protection legislation, no-one at the Pure Planet ‘Community’ has direct access to your account information, so when something goes ‘wrong’ most of the advice we can supply is based around using WattBot to contact Pure Planet support.

This ‘new’ forum was supposed to be better at ‘directing’ people to existing answers to their questions, however, judging by the number of ‘repeated’ questions we’ve been receiving here from people having issues with blocked switches, either it’s not as clever as they thought, or people aren’t asking what it considers to be the ‘right’ questions.

According to this thread at least, you should be automatically requested to enter both sets of usage readings in when you have an Economy 7 meter.

If you want to be sure, you could send a Direct Message to @Nataly, possibly including a photo of your meter, so that she can get confirmation.

Kindest Regards
Gwyndy

I think I can see where this meter confusion is coming from, (I’ve posted about this many times).

If this is wrong hopefully @Nataly  or @Marc  will correct it please?

This is what I’ve gathered on an ongoing basis, even if it does fly in the face of logic and common sense..

If you have a non smart meter you are asked for and will be able to access 2 readings on the meter.

If you have a smart meter configured for E7 (not by PP but from a different provider) you will be able to access 2 readings and submit, BUT if PP then configure your SM or install one of theirs, because PP charge a single rate for both day and night you will only have and be able to submit (if you wish to) one reading.

If this is the case, as I’ve said many times on here, it will prevent ongoing monitoring of  the day/night  (peak/off-peak) ratio, so I think it shouldn’t be like that, but that’s only my opinion.

@Dunroving Thank you so much for that!  Your replies are so much clearer than anything from PP themselves.

Nataly has just commented - but doesn’t deal with the query regarding meters raised earlier, so do we just wait for it to be dealt with here or does it need to be a new conversation?  It’s this sort of thing that would be covered so easily in a phone call and I find too frustrating I’m afraid.

I can’t understand how they got a ‘good’ rating for their performance on MSE.  I’ve wasted two days trying to sort out my switch and waiting for replies - all of which could have been dealt with in a couple of minutes on the phone or in a proper Live Chat.

I’ll give it a couple of days and see if the ‘Switch in Progress’ flag has been removed in MSE Cheap Energy Club so I can switch to a company who talk to their customers.  I’d rather be on hold for 30 minutes than have to wait hours to get half an answer.

Another morning wasted!

Hi @Shello 2 weeks after my switch was cancelled, MSE CEC still showed “switch in progress”. The two systems aren’t linked. If you wish to start a new switch quote with MSE, I think you’ll need to email them at the email address I provided and ask them to cancel your switch on their system.

@Dunroving Thanks for the advice.  It seems I’m following in your footsteps.  I’ll email MSE CEC as you suggest.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Shello 

If you want to be sure, you could send a Direct Message to @Nataly, possibly including a photo of your meter, so that she can get confirmation.

Kindest Regards
Gwyndy

I think I can see where this meter confusion is coming from, (I’ve posted about this many times).

If this is wrong hopefully @Nataly  or @Marc  will correct it please?

This is what I’ve gathered on an ongoing basis, even if it does fly in the face of logic and common sense..

If you have a non smart meter you are asked for and will be able to access 2 readings on the meter.

If you have a smart meter configured for E7 (not by PP but from a different provider) you will be able to access 2 readings and submit, BUT if PP then configure your SM or install one of theirs, because PP charge a single rate for both day and night you will only have and be able to submit (if you wish to) one reading.

If this is the case, as I’ve said many times on here, it will prevent ongoing monitoring of  the day/night  (peak/off-peak) ratio, so I think it shouldn’t be like that, but that’s only my opinion.

And a further expansion of this point and why it might come back to bite the customer

(this should really be in it’s own thread)

I just asked another energy company about the way their meters are configured and here is an extract from what they said:

... we would set the meter up so it is configured the same as the previous meter (one-rate if previous meter was one-rate, two-rate if it was two-rate). We do however have the capacity to be able to change this remotely ….

This leads to even more ambiguity about whether, were you to leave PP you’d end up back on a two rate meter, but it does say then can change it. (all this assuming you were on a class 2 profile (E7) supply.)

More research required/ongoing.

@nataly is that post you made a long time ago about this still around?

Hey @woz @Shello 

It really depends whether your meters are SMETS1 (first generation smart meters) or SMETS2 - 

If you have a SMETS1 meter programmed as E7 it’ll keep working in the same way as a traditional meter. Just send us your readings each month, and you’ll be charged at the same rate for your usage.

SMETS2 meters can be programmed to be either single rate or E7, depending on your supplier.
If you currently have a traditional E7 meter and we install a SMETS2 meter, it’ll be programmed as single rate while we’re your supplier, as you’re charged on one rate for both sets of readings.

If you decide to switch to a different supplier at any point, and would like to be on an E7 tariff, they’d be able to programme your SMETS2 meter when you switch to show two sets of readings (day and night) to work with their E7 tariff.

@woz the FAQ about this wasn’t brought across in the platform migration, but I think it’d be a useful post in the ‘smart meters’ section - with updated info, too. :thumbsup: I’ll work on that!