HELP. I am joining Pure Planet, but cannot get to technical support as cannot log in.

Please can someone help me. I have just joined but cannot get the app on my phone. I have tried to log in on laptop, but it keeps sending me round in circles. I type in email which then sends an email to verify, which then asks me for my email again and round we go! 5 times. I cannot get to the bot to ask for technical help (I'm pretty sure it is something I am doing wrong) as my laptop keeps offering to give me a quote and then sending me back. I have no way of contacting them, so will not be able to send readings. I am really regretting signing up but don't know how to cancel as there is no contact email or anything.
The only thing I can get to is the community page, so I am hoping you can help.
I got here via the MSE energy club, so I may have to contact them to find a way out. Shame because it was so much cheaper than my present tariff.

32 replies

I never consciously logged in, just followed the link in the two chasing e-mails, in the order that they'd been sent to me.

While the system was finalising my account (or whatever their expression for that bit was), I didn't think that I was logged in - how could I have been? - but consequently didn't attempt to log out before trying the link in the later e-mail. Perhaps by then the account had been set up, but I don't recall being asked to add a password until some stage in the Priority Services registration process.

PP doesn't seem to use an ordinary, two-stage website sign-in; I had to sign in again just now and was only asked for my e-mail address. But one can't jump straight into the site by following the link in a notification e-mail from them, such as the one telling me that you'd quoted me again. When I tried to do that, I got another e-mail with a link to click on to sign in.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
hi plaid
log out and back in again just to be sure.
I’m assuming you are a new customer and these are your first submission it’s possible that the account is not fully set up yet, that sometimes happens when there’s a query over the meter numbers- check your emails to see if you’ve been asked for a photo of the meter?
If still not working (and i’d give it till mid monday ) you may need to type message the team in wattbot In help, - replies not instant-and ask pp to check your account. Don’t stress yet, it will get sorted.
plaid;39902:
I am in the same predicament. I do not wish to have the app on my phone (it hasn't enough memory and stuff is failing on it all the time) and so I have tried to submit meter readings online. However, there is no way to submit the readings - the screen remains "blank" with just the title "Meter readings" - there are no boxes or anything to put the readings in.
Gavind;39897:
Please can someone help me. I have just joined but cannot get the app on my phone. I have tried to log in on laptop, but it keeps sending me round in circles. I type in email which then sends an email to verify, which then asks me for my email again and round we go! 5 times. I cannot get to the bot to ask for technical help (I'm pretty sure it is something I am doing wrong) as my laptop keeps offering to give me a quote and then sending me back. I have no way of contacting them, so will not be able to send readings. I am really regretting signing up but don't know how to cancel as there is no contact email or anything. The only thing I can get to is the community page, so I am hoping you can help. I got here via the MSE energy club, so I may have to contact them to find a way out. Shame because it was so much cheaper than my present tariff.

Good morning @Gavind
Welcome to the community!
Thanks for posting.
Some great tips from @stephenrand and @woz - thanks guys for helping out a new Member and being so welcoming. :foldedhands:

I've had a chat with our Member services team about your account @Gavind and it looks like you've not completed the MSE switch, and then you're tried to join again just via our website, but not confirmed it. So that's why it's still asking if you'd like to join.
Hope this helps.
Post back, happy to keep chatting of course 🆙
plaid;39902:
I am in the same predicament. I do not wish to have the app on my phone (it hasn't enough memory and stuff is failing on it all the time) and so I have tried to submit meter readings online. However, there is no way to submit the readings - the screen remains "blank" with just the title "Meter readings" - there are no boxes or anything to put the readings in.

Hi @plaid
Welcome to the community!
You can access your account via web. But which browser are you using?
This FAQ may help/
No worries @Gavind
A digital only approach isn't for everyone!
As you haven't joined there's nothing to cancel.
Just to double-check - you've not received a welcome pack (which states the switch date) have you?
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
hi gavin

try the following on your computer
delete ALL login mails
login with your email at purepla.net
close the browser tab or window
go to your emails
open the email and click on the pink login link
​what happens?
Gavind;39897:
Please can someone help me. I have just joined but cannot get the app on my phone. I have tried to log in on laptop, but it keeps sending me round in circles. I type in email which then sends an email to verify, which then asks me for my email again and round we go! 5 times. I cannot get to the bot to ask for technical help (I'm pretty sure it is something I am doing wrong) as my laptop keeps offering to give me a quote and then sending me back. I have no way of contacting them, so will not be able to send readings. I am really regretting signing up but don't know how to cancel as there is no contact email or anything.
I got here via the MSE energy club, so I may have to contact them to find a way out. Shame because it was so much cheaper than my present tariff.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
hi Gavind
Don't panic...yet...
I would have thought that if it says logout then you are logged in.
Just to confirm you aren't using a VPN are you?

What browser are you using? What Operating system do you have?
Maximise the window. Are there 3 short lines in the top R.h. corner? Is that the menu that's all white?
Please can you try clicking THIS link and tell us what you get?

May I suggest that you try a different browser? Have you tried Firefox or Chrome?
It's quite possible that your account hasn't been set up correctly or at all, PP will get back to you on here and check your account.
Have you registered and set up a direct debit, and you got the countdown and the welcome pack? can you confirm? if so it just maybe that your opening readings will be estimated, but they have to be a very long way out for it to make much difference in price (as you can't be charged for the same energy twice, what PP charge you for your old supplier won't and vice versa so don't worry about that for the moment). Let's concentrate on getting you logged in
HOWEVER
At this stage I'm now not even sure if you've switched, you seem to imply that you have been unable to confirm your email address? Did it confirm and allow you through the registration process?
This is very unclear.
What happens if you start from scratch using the same email, get a quote and follow the process through? Does it say your email is in use?

Gavind;39958:
Thank you Woz and Stephenrand, but still not in. I clicked on the login icon, deleted all the links and restarted my computer. I then went my email and clicked the link to confirm, but it then took me back to the same page asking if I would like a quote and for my postcode. I don't get the lovely blue screen telling me I have successfully confirmed my email. The only difference is that the top corner now says 'logout'. I cannot get to anything from that page except the community. I cannot get to the bot to ask for help.This is the same as when I have tried it before and a short time after I get another email reminding me that I have to confirm my email to log in or the switch cannot get started.
I can't find any other way to contact them. What I wouldn't give for a call centre keeping me holding right now. I don't know what will happen if I just keep on as is. Will it just time out and then i won't get to switch? It is keeping me from switching elsewhere.
If anyone has any contact details please let me know, even if it is an address I can write to so they can cancel.
Many thanks for your help.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
hi Gavin
if you haven't completed there is nothing for PP to cancel.
Are you using any add-ins on your browser?
What browser are you using?
Did you try what I suggested earlier, delete login mails, close browser after logging in , then go to emails and click on login link, what happens?
Do you have another email address you could use? (or can you put a plus and text on the end of yours gavind+1@gmail.com would go to the same account as gavind@gmail, but would look different to pp)
You can start a second account with MSE and start again or I'll send you a referral
Gavind;40026:
Hi Marc,
I have not completed the switch because when I get the email I click the 'log in on line' button and it takes me back to ask for my postcode for a quote.
I love the fact that your energy is renewable, and I love your prices- I would be saving so much! But I need to cancel the switch as I do not need the stress.
Can you tell me how I can halt the switch, as I have no other means of contact apart from this. I could just let it expire as it says I have to confirm by 24th October (which I am unable to do)
but I really need to switch to someone else as I am paying over 18p a unit for my electricity! and I am not sure MSE will let me do 2 switches at the same time.
Would you be able to cancel this for me please? or give me an email?
Thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Marc, I re read your earlier reply, it's now unclear whether Gavin has successfully joined. I'm staying out of this as it looks like I'm just confusing the issue. Sorry
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
hi Diana
​What were the logging in problems you got past?
DianaW;40076:
I joined today, also via MSE, and was nagged to complete the switch within less than 3 hours.
I got past the problems with logging in via a laptop by using the 'Home', 'Help' and 'Account' buttons - which only show up when one clicks on PP's own triple line icon on the right-hand side of the screen. That last option let me put in preferences (like not using a smartphone, or therefore apps) by putting in short instructions via their Priority Services registration system.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
oh dear...perhaps the process needs a step by step guide, The problem is and the reason I asked is that I’m trying to figure out exactly which part of the process is the stumbling block. Because of the various descriptions it’s hard to figure out which part isn’t working.
If you aren’t logged in you won’t see the various account related options ( priority services is one ), those options appear in the drop down menu.
DianaW;40081:
Those repeatedly described by other very new switchers on the first page of this thread. (It didn't seem helpful to quote them, yet again; everyone seemed to be facing much the same issues as me.)

I made the mistake of obeying the instruction to seek a quote when I followed the link in the first chasing e-mail and could then only find the Community as a way to ask anyone for help. After reading the various other complaints here, I tried clicking on the triple line icon and managed to sort things out from there. 'Help' got me to the Wattbot, which was useless about my not wanting the app but may have helped me to reach the Priority Services Register system. As I'd got stuck when the system was allegedly finishing my account, I also tried that. One way or another, I seem to have passed their obstacle course!
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
hi ladyliming and welcome.
can you detail what you've done and where it's going wrong?
This seems to have happened to a few people, and it's not clear why or even if it's not working.
Are you online and do you see 3 lines in top right corner, and are you logged in?

ladyliming;40096:
I have spent longer than a week with all that sort of thing happening and still can't find a page that gives my account even. Round and round in circles most of it just trying to get me to switch to them. I wouldn't never have bothered if I knew I was going to have all this trouble. I have looked into the system and it just blocks me. Only thing that does that to my computer so still paying the same amount at my last provider which was why I changed in the first place. Wish I hadn't.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
thank you...this now becomes clearer...and goes some way to explaining why some people are having difficulty. @Marc are you reading this?
You have to log in to see your account. Once logged in you can stay logged in if you wish The login process is by an email you receive. It seems that isn't clear enough.
If you can't see the menu with all the account related options then you aren't logged in.
I'm hoping this will help others, but I'm still a bit confused as to what part of the jigsaw is missing...only because what may seem obvious to some clearly isn't obvious to all.
DianaW;40086:
I never consciously logged in, just followed the link in the two chasing e-mails, in the order that they'd been sent to me.

While the system was finalising my account (or whatever their expression for that bit was), I didn't think that I was logged in - how could I have been? - but consequently didn't attempt to log out before trying the link in the later e-mail. Perhaps by then the account had been set up, but I don't recall being asked to add a password until some stage in the Priority Services registration process.

PP doesn't seem to use an ordinary, two-stage website sign-in; I had to sign in again just now and was only asked for my e-mail address. But one can't jump straight into the site by following the link in a notification e-mail from them, such as the one telling me that you'd quoted me again. When I tried to do that, I got another e-mail with a link to click on to sign in.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
What happens when you try to log in? Is it getting as far as accepting that your email address exists?
​​​​​​​I'm asking as there is an unresolved login issue with some accounts at the moment. Is yours the same issue? see here
​​​​​​​https://community.purepla.net/threads/9853-I-cant-log-in-to-my-account-its-saying-there-is-an-error-with-me-email-anyone-similar?p=52993#post52993
MilesDonnelly;52987:
I am in exactly the same predicament, I have been trying to get in online to insert a meter reading, but NO WAY to log in. An awful circular argument with no solution and no one to ring. The worst service in the world.
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Gavind;39897:

Hi there
I can understand this must be very frustrating. When you got to Pure Planet from MSE did you go through the process of getting a quote and opening an account?
If you did, and you are now finding logging in difficult (stay logged in when you finally make it) it might be worth seeing if you can empty your cache of all the old logging on emails you've received. Then try again.its frustrating to wait those few minutes, but it's important to wait for the first email, not try and get another one.

See if that helps - also look at the advice here: https://community.purepla.net/content/276-how-switch-Pure-Planet-price-comparison-website#ckb_start

If you are still stuck, post back here and your fellow customers will do what they can to help... and on Monday you can contact Pure Planet if necessary.

Hope that helps
Stephen
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
plaid;39902:

Hi there
As this is your first post, welcome to the Pure Planet community!
I'm not clear what stage you have reached with joining Pure Planet. You are asked for your meter readings about 16 days after you initiate the switch. Have you got to that stage?
Post back, and I know people will be pleased to do what they can to help.
Stephen
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Gavind;39958:
Thank you Woz and Stephenrand, but still not in. I clicked on the login icon, deleted all the links and restarted my computer. I then went my email and clicked the link to confirm, but it then took me back to the same page asking if I would like a quote and for my postcode. I don't get the lovely blue screen telling me I have successfully confirmed my email. The only difference is that the top corner now says 'logout'. I cannot get to anything from that page except the community. I cannot get to the bot to ask for help.This is the same as when I have tried it before and a short time after I get another email reminding me that I have to confirm my email to log in or the switch cannot get started.
I can't find any other way to contact them. What I wouldn't give for a call centre keeping me holding right now. I don't know what will happen if I just keep on as is. Will it just time out and then i won't get to switch? It is keeping me from switching elsewhere.
If anyone has any contact details please let me know, even if it is an address I can write to so they can cancel.

All very frustrating. I assume you have actually asked for a quote and given your postcode? Did you receive your welcome pack by email? I'm not clear where you are on the joining process.

If you can post back with the answers to those questions, thehe staff team will be back to work tomorrow and will be able to offer further suggestions to help you out.

Stephen
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Gavind;39980:

On Monday will the staff team read the community pages?

They will. I think you deserve to have their attention drawn to this thread!
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Hi Plaid
See previous answer to Gavind...
It's worth taking a photo of your meters - your switchover readings have to be agreed between the two suppliers, which can take a few weeks. Photos can be helpful.
Stephen
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
MilesDonnelly;52987:
I am in exactly the same predicament, I have been trying to get in online to insert a meter reading, but NO WAY to log in. An awful circular argument with no solution and no one to ring. The worst service in the world.

Hi Miles,

Welcome to the community set up by PP so we can endeavour to assist ourselves with positive feedback and in the main good results.
PP's 2 community managers are off today along with PP's HQ, but this fine community is available 24/7.

Anyway enough of my jibber jabber.
Unless theres another problem then its only 3 steps to get online.
Step 1 Login to: https://purepla.net

Step 2 press login from the above screen top right of your screen and this will appear:
and press login below your email address

Please enter your email address

The one that's registered with your Pure Planet account.

Step 3: This process sends you an email in a few minutes (check your spam folder for justin...)
This provides a link as contained in that message which logs you into your account.

Tap below to log in. We do this to make sure your account is secure.

LOGIN >

Can't see the button? Tap her

I use the APP and the online account and never ever had a problem.
Finally head back for more advice at any time as you will get lots and lots of support including the FaQ's.

Anyway hope it works out well, yep its a little different but once you get the hang of things you may find this forum very informative.

All the best!
I have spent longer than a week with all that sort of thing happening and still can't find a page that gives my account even. Round and round in circles most of it just trying to get me to switch to them. I wouldn't never have bothered if I knew I was going to have all this trouble. I have looked into the system and it just blocks me. Only thing that does that to my computer so still paying the same amount at my last provider which was why I changed in the first place. Wish I hadn't.
Hi Stephen, Thanks for replying. I have asked for a quote and started the switch. I then received an email saying that I needed to finish the switch by 24th October by clicking the link.
I click the link that says 'finish switch online' and that takes me back to the page asking if I would like a quote and for me to give my postcode. I cannot access anything else from this page.
7 hours later I get a reminder to finish my switch, again I click the 'finish switch online' button and the same thing happens. I am assuming that I haven't finished the switch.
I have tried to get onto the Pure Planet site by going on to www.purepla.net and trying to log in there but the same thing happens.
On Monday will the staff team read the community pages? As I have no other way to contact them. I cannot access Wattbot as I cannot finish logging in. Is there an email or phone no. for them? I can't find one anywhere.
It is even quite difficult to reply on the community pages as the email link does not take me to the right place, and I have to hunt for my original message.
Hi Woz,
I am using Google Chrome and don't know what a VPN is. I am doing it on my laptop as I seem unable to even get past the first stage on my phone.
I clicked on the 'this' link and it took me back to the quote page. The screen was asking for my postcode for a quote. There were no 3 lines (i saw what you meant from the example on a mobile phone of the 'switch thats all done' page, but I have never got to that stage) everything else on that page is all about advertising and trying to get me to join, nothing specific to me or my account. I tried clicking on everything!. I followed through with the quote and some of what I typed first time was still there. It didn't ask me for my email, possibly because I was still logged in from last time. I stopped when it asked for my payment details for direct debit as I have already given these the first time and don't want to risk paying twice!
I'm assuming that I have started the switch but it wont let me confirm or continue, so I cannot contact Pure Planet or Wattbot.
Hi Marc,
I have not completed the switch because when I get the email I click the 'log in on line' button and it takes me back to ask for my postcode for a quote.
I love the fact that your energy is renewable, and I love your prices- I would be saving so much! But I need to cancel the switch as I do not need the stress.
Can you tell me how I can halt the switch, as I have no other means of contact apart from this. I could just let it expire as it says I have to confirm by 24th October (which I am unable to do)
but I really need to switch to someone else as I am paying over 18p a unit for my electricity! and I am not sure MSE will let me do 2 switches at the same time.
Would you be able to cancel this for me please? or give me an email?
Thanks