Solved

Giving this a last chance (terrible switch process so far)

• 21 December 2018
  • 11 replies

Hi,

I'm really into using Pure Planet because of the renewable energy and competitive prices. I just moved into to a new build that was controlled by Scottish Power (SP). The first time I tried to switch SP blocked it for valid reasons. I then talked to the developer and it was all sorted.

So on 5th of December I get an e-mail from Pure Energy stating that I needed to submit meter readings by the 10th. I tried to do it straight away, but the app interface didn't react to any clicks, it was just stuck into this one view. I restarted app (and phone as an overkill) and it was still stuck. I tried to find an alternate way to submit the meter readings but there's only the app. I went to AskBot and attached an image of the problem. They said they would come back to me within 48h which is not ideal for an issue like this.

Live carried on, and I didn't see any notifications on my phone but on the 10th of December I get an e-mail saying:

You’re officially with Pure Planet. Welcome to fresh, clean, energy that costs less than power that pollutes.

And I think to myself, oh great, job done :checkmark:

So today, I'm trying to apply for Feed-in-Tariff with SSE and I needed to know my MPAN. I went into the app to see if AskBot could give me this info and as I go into the chat system, I see a message (can't tell from when) from a support person saying:

"I've noticed you've closed your account since you've sent that question".

And I'm like? Close the account? What? So I navigate to the app home page and I see that I'm not setup. It shows "Get Quote" and "Switch".

So Pure Planet sends me a welcome e-mail probably the same day it closes my account without any other e-mail communication. This is just mental, how can this be so messed up. I would even get if I got the switch cancelled if I wasn't able to submit the meter readings, albeit by a issue with the app, but to cancel the account and not tell me about it other than in an in app chat message?

I've found Pure Planet's process to just be terrible. If I didn't need the MPAN number I would only find out I'm not with them, when I got a warning from SP or worse, get my supply cut for some reason.

I still want to try a Switch to Pure Planet but as a customer this doesn't give any reassurances that this is a good company to be with.

Any opinions?

Kind regards, B.

- - - Updated - - -

I've just been through some reviews of the App as I'm reinstalling it, because at this point it doesn't let me fill my e-mail on the form to switch and a ton of people have had app issues.

I guess this a question to the product team. How can you expect to get a business running, where your subscription, maintenance and support is via a single point of failure App?

If I can't even submit the switch form, I'm really sorry to say (and I am because I'm really trying to switch) that I'll go somewhere else. This is crazy, as you have consumers trying diehard to move into your product but you are blocking those consumers out on trivial things: register, submit meter reading.

Thank you.
icon

Best answer by bitoiu 3 January 2019, 11:38

I've now been able to submit the meter readings with no issues.

Hopefully this is it!

Thanks for the help.
View original

11 replies

Hi @bitoiu
Welcome to the community! :)
I've flagged this up with our Member services team to take a look.
They can see that one switch had to be cancelled due to an objection from Scottish Power, and according to your account details the second switch was cancelled by yourself.
It was cancelled after you'd sent a message about your app issue, and before one of our team could reply. (When they replied to your message, the account had already been cancelled).
But! They can also see that you've started a third switch today!
Hi @Marc,

I assure you I didn't cancel the account myself. I understand if that's whats in the logs/records but this was not an action initiated/executed by myself.

I would suspect that the lack of meter readings somehow canceled the transfer in some form or shape. It could be something else as well, but it wasn't me. Up to today I thought I was part of Pure Energy.

But @Marc, how do you explain the e-mail on the 10th welcoming me to Pure Planet?

Cheers, B.
bitoiu;19836:

How do you explain the e-mail on the 10th welcoming me to Pure Planet?
Cheers, B.

That's the same switch that got mysteriously cancelled.
Hopefully this one will be smooth sailing 🆙
Marc;19840:
That's the same switch that got mysteriously cancelled.

But wasn't the e-mail sent after the account was cancelled?
bitoiu;19844:
But wasn't the e-mail sent after the account was cancelled?

Yes. A cancellation triggers lots of processes (including other suppliers, national database, billing software etc) and that doesn't happen instantly.
So sometimes the welcome email will be sent out if the cancellation is a late one.
Marc;19846:
Yes. A cancellation triggers lots of processes (including other suppliers, national database, billing software etc) and that doesn't happen instantly.
So sometimes the welcome email will be sent out if the cancellation is a late one.

Being in Software Engineering myself, I understand how this can happen, but it's not good enough really.

Thanks for all the help @Marc.

B.
bitoiu;19849:

Thanks for all the help @Marc.

B.

You're welcome @bitoiu
Nice chatting to you. Have a great Christmas! 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Hi bitoiu
As a fellow customer, and a Community Member contributor, I can confidently say that once Marc is aware of issues , a solution is not far behind.
You’ve been extremely patient and seem committed to green energy. Majority of PP customers have a SMOOTH switch, however, yours as been a pain for whatever reason.
Your in good hands & welcome - being a SOFTWARE Engineer you could make valuable contributions towards PP’s app & web development.
Take care
I've now been able to submit the meter readings with no issues.

Hopefully this is it!

Thanks for the help.
I have found exactly the same problems. No one to contact apart from a non helpful Robot. I am cancelling now 24.10.2019 withing the 14 days cancellation period.

​​​​​​​
Hey @piphefford

If WattBot can't help you out, you can chat to our Member Services team by typing 'message the team'.

The digital-only approach doesn't work for everyone - don't give up on switching to sustainable energy! It's a small change that makes a big difference🙂