Solved

Getting started

Hello. For the past few hours I have been trying to get started with switching to Pure Planet. Each time I get a message saying either an invalid log in or the server is down. It's not filling me with confidence, that I can't even get into the app and I'm considering looking elsewhere for an energy provider.

Can anyone help or advise, please.
icon

Best answer by Timco 19 June 2018, 22:35

Hi Clare the servers good for me, no problems. Firstly don’t give up on pure planet, they’re the cheapest by far at the moment and the bills are really clear. But we need to get you on, you need to be on an iPhone or android phone uisng android version 5 or above and the latest app versions? What device are you using?
Tim

By the way, I’m just a happy customer, not staff, they’ll be by later to help
View original

11 replies

Hi Clare the servers good for me, no problems. Firstly don’t give up on pure planet, they’re the cheapest by far at the moment and the bills are really clear. But we need to get you on, you need to be on an iPhone or android phone uisng android version 5 or above and the latest app versions? What device are you using?
Tim

By the way, I’m just a happy customer, not staff, they’ll be by later to help
Thanks. It's a Samsung J5 and I keep everything updated
Ok, so we are on a good version of android, have you deleted the app and re installed it? That’s the usual start

- - - Updated - - -

do you have emails on your phone that you can click the security link to? Once you have received the email?

One thing we aren’t paying for with pure planet is a big call centre full of people who can’t help, they have very good technical and customer support, but it’s an online service and you gotta wait
Thanks again Timco. Ive deleted and reinstalled twice and have had several emails about completing the security check. Now, I just seem to be stuck in a cycle of Login - go to email - tap the pink bit in the email, and back to log in again. I can't think where I'm going wrong as I have just followed the instructions.
Oh no,
There’s something in the forums about this login cycle, but I can’t rember what it is, I’m really sorry about that
I guess you’ll need to wait for the experts tomorrow, Marc will be by in morning I’m sure, and they will get you sorted. But don’t give up yet. Have you got another device like an iPad? You could try?
I tried again this morning and it all worked. Maybe the log in fairy flew by in the night? So fingers crossed that it will go smoothly now, and thanks again for your advice Timco.
Hi @ClareT
Welcome to the community! Thanks for posting
I think @Timco is right, you're caught in a login loop.

What causes this is when going to your email from the app to click on the security check to verify your account, your phone will not necessarily show you the most recent email from us.
Very often you will be taken straight to the body of an older email, not the inbox 'list' view of all emails.

So to be sure, after entering your email address into the app to login, instead of following the link from the app to your email, simply press your home button, then open your email app, be 100% sure you open the most recent email from Pure Planet, and then tap on 'finish your security check'.
Clare T;7437:
I tried again this morning and it all worked. Maybe the log in fairy flew by in the night? So fingers crossed that it will go smoothly now, and thanks again for your advice Timco.

That's great to hear @ClareT
Ignore my other post about the login loop. Obviously all OK now!!
That’s great Clare, remember the switch takes about 6 weeks, somrtimes gas takes longer, the old supplier will continue to take direct debits, so you might have double payments for a month, but you’ll get a refund. So don’t panic and be patient is my tip, I’m saving over £500 a year and also getting the bills on one payment and one bill combined is really great. Glad you’ve joined us
I have a similar problem.
I’ve downloaded the app on my Android phone but it won’t let me login. It keeps sending an email to my work phone so I had to download the app on my work phone just to get started. Not an auspicious start, frustrated and considering cancelling the switch.
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Hi john.
The device you have the app on has to be able to access the email acct you used to set it up. Now you have both app and email on same device you should be ok.