Solved

Gas supply hasn't switched but electricity has

• 31 December 2019
  • 6 replies

Can someone help as I don't know how to get hold of anyone at Pure Planet. I switched over from OVO back in October, but I've just been told that Pure Planet hasn't actually requested to take over the Gas Supply, they only requested and switched over the Electricity. However, they have been charging me for both Gas and Electricity. So now I've paid Pure Planet and also OVO, as they are apparently still our suppliers
Not sure how to speak to anyone to get it sorted.
Please advise.
​​​​​​​Thanks
icon

Best answer by Nataly 2 January 2020, 11:06

Hey @Badger75

Welcome to the Community!

This sounds like it may be what's known in energy as an 'erroneous transfer'. (so basically, the incorrect gas supply has been switched)

Good advice from @woz on how to get in touch with the team 👍
It'd also be great to send them a photo of your gas meter, so they can check the supply information we have for you 🙂
View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
hi Badger
It's quite unusual for one energy only to switch, have you looked at your Pure Planet statement? Are you getting the dual fuel discount on the statement? If so that would indicate that the gas has switched. If so it may be that the problem is that ovo haven't received the closing reading and so have not yet produced a final bill in which case they would continue to take the direct debit, but that you are being supplied by PP.
Use the app or go online at purepla.net, when logged in go to menu, then go to help, then go to ask wattbot, type message the team and ask them to look into why or if your gas hasn't switched. You'll get a reply within a couple of working days (bearing in mind new year closure so be patient). Also IF they have been taking for gas which is being supplied by OVO (it's possible but unlikely) , I would also ask for an immediate refund of the surplus, I'm sure they will oblige if that is the case.

Don't panic I'm sure it will be sorted, happy new year!
P.S.
​​​​​​​Did you contact OVO to see if they received a request to switch the gas?
Badger75;45299:
Can someone help as I don't know how to get hold of anyone at Pure Planet. I switched over from OVO back in October, but I've just been told that Pure Planet hasn't actually requested to take over the Gas Supply, they only requested and switched over the Electricity. However, they have been charging me for both Gas and Electricity. So now I've paid Pure Planet and also OVO, as they are apparently still our suppliers
Not sure how to speak to anyone to get it sorted.
Please advise.
​​​​​​​Thanks
Hey @Badger75

Welcome to the Community!

This sounds like it may be what's known in energy as an 'erroneous transfer'. (so basically, the incorrect gas supply has been switched)

Good advice from @woz on how to get in touch with the team 👍
It'd also be great to send them a photo of your gas meter, so they can check the supply information we have for you 🙂
Thank you everyone for the advice. I got in touch with someone from customer services and @Nataly you were correct - it was an 'erroneous transfer' and they switched the incorrect gas supply.

Looks like it is all being sorted now...

thank you
Hey @Badger75

​​​​​​​Great to hear it's all being sorted now, thanks for updating us!😁
Update.. seems like it's not being sorted as today I received an email saying 'sorry to hear your leaving'. Interesting as I didn't think I had actually switched gas over yet.

starting to worry about the number of mistakes with this company.

ive emailed and messaged, but no reply yet.

hopefully all will eventually get sorted, as I started this process in October!!!
Hey @Badger75

This email can be generated by the incorrect gas supply that was registered with your account being sent back to the correct place, if that makes sense?🙄

So, nothing to worry about 👍

Our Member Services team will be able to double-check this for you and let you know.