Solved

Fixed Price Tarriff

• 10 November 2020
  • 18 replies

Why is my Fixed Electric pkwh more in my welcome pack - than what i signed up for?

icon

Best answer by Nataly 11 November 2020, 11:15

Hi @Hetfelle 

Hmm this definitely sounds odd! I’ve flagged this with our Member Services team - they’ve let me know it looks like you got your quote and started your switch on 2 November. 

The new fixed tariff rates of Gas 2.717pkwh  Elec 14.615pkwh weren’t ‘live’ and available to get a quote or switch to until 3 November - on MSM, these figures went live at about 11am on 3 November. 

Whenever you switch to PP from a price comparison website you need to check your quote and ‘confirm’ the switch, so it’s worth checking if the correct rates of 2.645 and 14.8134 were shown there? 

Let’s try and get to the bottom of this! :thumbsup:

View original

18 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi
You're talking to fellow PP customers on this forum, and as such we don't have access to customers accounts. But we will help if we can.

without knowing what you were quoted and what is in your welcome pack, I'm unsure, but at a guess, does it have anything to do with the vat? Was your quote minus vat, but the pack actually shows the figures with vat? 

(I don't work for PP)

Hello,

Thankyou for replying.

I went through Money Supermarket.com and was quoted incl VAT 

100% Green 12 months Fixed Nov. 20 v1

Gas   2.717pkwh  

Elec   14.615pkwh

and  21.929 per day  for both (£6.67 per month each) inc vat.

I accepted this quote.

Yet when i received  my welcome pack it has put me on a ‘Historical’ October rate - 

I didn’t agree to this.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@Hetfelle, I don’t work for PP

I don’t know what your “historical” rate is, please can you tell me the prices quoted?

It will help with the reasoning, - by any chance were the “historic” prices 14.813 and 2.645?

My guesses are, - and they are guesses  so I may be wrong 

either:

The update of money-supermarket prices must have happened before PP had updated their own systems and you hit the crossover point, that would be very bad for many many reasons… (but without you saying what historic means that’s a little tenuous)

Or..it was a simple screw up just at the crossover point (less likely but who knows)

I assume you have you have the email with your quote figures in?

Also there is an anomaly in your figures, the November fixed shows 14.615 and 2.716 NOT 2.717 as you have written (not that it would make a big difference but it should match).

As long as you have the quote email I can’t see why it should not be honoured, but as I said I don’t work for PP and don’t have access to your account.

Use the app or log in online, go to help and support>ask a question (wattbot) and post your complaint/issue there, until it says your message has been passed to the team. Replies not instant, 2-3 working days, but you will get a reply.

Post back?

(I forgot to add… if the historic is as quoted, depending on your usage of each, it could work out better or worse, according to my sheet, the Nov fixed works out overall at 0.3% more expensive than the tariff it superseded for Ofgem medium use)

Thankyou WOZ for replying, 

I found the historical rate  in the different tariffs available on the pp website.

I was looking through the different tarriffs available to try and find this rate I was given  as it gives the current and past tarriffs,

If you look to the right corner of the details of the tarriff it says, current/ historical.

They have given me Oct rate Gas 2.645 and Elec 14.8134.

Even though I signed up to pp for the Nov rate on Nov 2nd.

I am in the middle of switching, 

Hi @Hetfelle 

Hmm this definitely sounds odd! I’ve flagged this with our Member Services team - they’ve let me know it looks like you got your quote and started your switch on 2 November. 

The new fixed tariff rates of Gas 2.717pkwh  Elec 14.615pkwh weren’t ‘live’ and available to get a quote or switch to until 3 November - on MSM, these figures went live at about 11am on 3 November. 

Whenever you switch to PP from a price comparison website you need to check your quote and ‘confirm’ the switch, so it’s worth checking if the correct rates of 2.645 and 14.8134 were shown there? 

Let’s try and get to the bottom of this! :thumbsup:

Hello Nataly,

Thankyou for getting back to me.

Would it be possible to be put on the 100% Green DIRECT 12m Fixed Nov 20v1 as it works out cheaper and I am in the middle of switching. This has become such a headache now.

Hey @Hetfelle 

I believe Fran from the Member Services team has replied to your WattBot chat about this - she’ll be able to look into your quote and tariff and get this sorted for you! (unfortunately us Community managers aren’t trusted with access to members’ energy accounts:grin: )

To view and reply to any messages you can just head back into ‘ask a question’ in your account :thumbsup:

Thankyou Nataly, 

I have just sent a message on WattBott. Its really frustrating having to wait ages for a reply. It’s really off-putting to want to swap.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@Hetfelle just as I thought, the comparison website was slightly out of synch. with PP.

Wattbot isn’t a human instant chat service. Only the bot replies are instant. (If you used email that wouldn’t be instant either, with other energy co’s it’s sometimes weeks!)

Keep us updated? 

Hello Nataly,

I have checked my email and it was sent  Nov 2nd at  16:29 and I checked the tarriff details and it is the Nov. rates.

Thankyou WOZ.

MSM advertised Nov rates on the 2nd Nov. which makes sense to me as it is November. Yet I have been given an October tarriff by pp. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Thankyou Nataly, 

I have just sent a message on WattBott. Its really frustrating having to wait ages for a reply. It’s really off-putting to want to swap.

Hi @Hetfelle 

You have a point about the delay in receiving a response via Wattbot, especially in a time critical situation such as this, as if the reply does not meet your expectations you could effectively be too late to cancel the switch

Exactly.  Thankyou.

Hey @Hetfelle 

Were you able to view and reply to Fran’s message in WattBot ok? :relaxed:  

She let me know she messaged you at about half 11 this morning. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Thankyou WOZ.

MSM advertised Nov rates on the 2nd Nov. which makes sense to me as it is November. Yet I have been given an October tarriff by pp. 

@Hetfelle just to say (to clarify for future readers) the release dates of new tariffs don’t coincide with month starts, it could be released anytime in November (as it was in October) and still be called November fixed etc.:scream_cat:

Hello Nataly,

Yes, I did reply. And I will send screen shots of the email as there are linkß to it.

Hello WOZ, 

Thankyou for replying.

I understand what you are saying - but I was quoted the new November fixed prices on the MSupermarket.com website on Nov, 2nd,  I checked the tariff details on their link and accepted to switch. This was all on the 2nd of Nov.

I was then sent October rates by pp. which was not on my quote and were different to what had been quoted on msm.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello WOZ, 

Thankyou for replying.

I understand what you are saying - but I was quoted the new November fixed prices on the MSupermarket.com website on Nov, 2nd,  I checked the tariff details on their link and accepted to switch. This was all on the 2nd of Nov.

I was then sent October rates by pp. which was not on my quote and were different to what had been quoted on msm.

Thanks, yes I understood, I was just clarifying that tariffs aren’t  necessarily released on 1st month.