First meter readings have been entered wrong

• 30 November 2018
  • 17 replies

Hi having a problem with my gas meter reading. My first meter reading has been entered wrong. I sent them the reading and a picture of the meter. Looks like they have missed a digit off. Tired asking wattbot and asked the speak to a team member but still not heard back after 2 days. does any one have a phone number or email address so I can talk to someone. Thanks matt

17 replies

I have exactly the same problem. I need to ammend my first meter readings and can't find how to do this or any contact details that would put me in contact with a real person.
I have the same problems
I sent photos of my meter readings on 27th October. Started with Blue planet on the 1st novermber. and the readings they have entered are massively different to the tube of several thounds of pounds.
I work on IT and I cannot work out how to contact the team, the app is not good. I guess I will have to move to another supplier who I can speak to.
Can anyone help
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hi all
if you go to help in the app, ask wattbot, type "message the team" and give details someone will get back to you.
It will take a couple of days, you may get a reply in help (no notifications yet) or an email.
I would think the readings will be queried anyway as they have to go through verification.
Good morning @mattyc1290 @cataires @Mark kirkland
Welcome to the community! Thanks for posting.
The first thing to do is sent a new meter reading. Your app allows meter readings to be sent once every 24 hours.
You can also send amended opening readings via WattBot in your app.
The reply from @woz is spot on, if you need to message the team it's not a live-chat.
@Mark kirkland I'll flag up your query with the Member services team 🆙
Hi again @Mark kirkland
An update. Our Member services team tell me that both your readings have been rejected by your previous supplier because they're higher than what they expected.
When you switch suppliers, the opening readings you submit go through some regulatory checks before they can be used by either supplier.
We send your reading and sometimes a different estimate is returned to both suppliers - new and old - to use instead.
Neither supplier is responsible for calculating this estimate.

Please send us new meter readings when you can, and our team can raise a dispute on your behalf. 🆙
Hello Marc

No update about my first meter readings being incorrect
I also asked watbot, which is a waste of time
Can someone please fix my first meter readings so I am billed correctly
I have sent photos which should be all the proof you need
How do I raise a complaint and get this fixed quickly

Thanks Mark
Good morning @Mark kirkland
Our team have raised a dispute on youe behalf.
These take up to 12 weeks.
I have been having the same problem since early August and the customer service with Pure Planet is downright appalling. They respond days after messages, never reply to complaints, still haven’t sent me a statement in over 4 months but have managed to take £182 per month without concern. I’m completely at the end of my tether with this company and will leave as soon as this bill is rectified. I would recommend you all do the same and I’ll be using the full force of social media to warn people of this joke outfit.

- - - Updated - - -

Please don’t respond saying it can take 12 weeks. It’s been longer than that now and it’s as straight forward as it possibly could be. My old supplier have found you to be incompetent too whilst trying to deal with you.

- - - Updated - - -

Please don’t respond saying it can take 12 weeks. It’s been longer than that now and it’s as straight forward as it possibly could be. My old supplier have found you to be incompetent too whilst trying to deal with you.
Hi

I'm having similar issues as everyone above and so far no contact via email or calls. I hope you can help out Marc!
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Harveyhamfeet;18979:
I’ll be using the full force of social media to warn people of this joke outfit.

I don't blame you - you wouldn't catch me wearing that!
Harveyhamfeet;18979:
I have been having the same problem

Hi @Harveyhamfeet
Just to let you know I've flagged this with our Member services team
They can see that the reading dispute has been completed. Opening/closing readings with Npower have been agreed. 🆙
There's a bit more admin that the team have go through with the industry regulator to be completed this week. After that it'll all be sorted and our team will email you to confirm it all.
Jauhoja;18983:
Hi

I'm having similar issues as everyone above and so far no contact via email or calls. I hope you can help out Marc!

I sure hope so @Jauhoja ;)
What's the issue?
Marc;19163:
I sure hope so @Jauhoja ;)
What's the issue?

Wrong initial meter readings. I have sent you guys a picture of the meters and I have a final bill from the old supplier with those same numbers, so I'm not sure what the issue is. Just would like to get in contact with someone who can correct the figures - wattbot is useless.
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
I am confused, if old supplier has finalised your bill, doesn’t that indicate all is well?
To me, any “wrong initial readings” have been rectified.
Regards 👍
Hi @Jauhoja
Thanks. I've flagged this up with our Member services team. They'll respond to your email - they need another meter reading from you.
I have the same problem.. Wrong initial readings.. I forgot to add a dot before the last number and insted of 4 numbers reading i have five, which is a HUGE different ... How to solve it??

- - - Updated - - -

I have the same problem.. Wrong initial readings.. I forgot to add a dot before the last number and insted of 4 numbers reading i have five, which is a HUGE different ... How to solve it??
Pawelb;19192:
I forgot to add a dot before the last number and insted of 4 numbers reading i have five, which is a HUGE different ... How to solve it??

Hi @Pawelb
Welcome to the community!
Thanks for posting.
Yep, that'll make a big difference.
Firstly, send us new correct meter readings ASAP. And then regular readings after that.
Your app allows you to send us a reading every 24 hours.
You can also send the correct readings to our member services team, via WattBot. 🆙