Solved

false advertizing

• 11 November 2020
  • 14 replies

Userlevel 2

I choose pure planet via the internet because it offered an excellent rate. I agreed a contract. Now it’s too late to opt out.  They never even hinted that there was a MEMEMBERSHIP FEE OF £13.46 EVERY MONTH. In my opinion this is FRAUD. They have broken the contract that I agreed to.  What can I do about it ?

icon

Best answer by thelma 11 November 2020, 18:07

Hi everyone ,

First I would like to say sorry for what I said earlier, I was wrong.  I have now found how to access my actual account with actual details.  It tells me that I pay £38 for 6 summer months and £58 for 6 winter months.  So when I worked out total for year and then divided it by 12 months, the average price is  just under what I’ve been paying in the past year elsewhere. 

SO ALL IS GOOD AND I WILL RECOMMEND YOU TO MY FRIENDS.

View original

14 replies

Badge +2

Glad you're sorted @thelma 

I've never know PP to falsely advertise. In fact they are extremely transparent.   

It can a bit confusing when swapping suppliers but I'm sure you'll be very glad to have found a company with a great community and energy from only renewable sources.  

Its a win win 🙌 🙂👍💥

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

All well that ends well

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Love a happy ending, Thelma 👍👏👏👏👏👏

@thelma I enjoyed your honest story and especially your comment about non-existent memory. Good luck with staying (as I think that’s what you decided to do) and maybe pop back to talk to the regulars in other threads.

I think we’d enjoy your humour!

🥳

Hurrah! Thanks for jumping back in with that really positive update @thelma :blush:

Userlevel 2

Hi everyone ,

First I would like to say sorry for what I said earlier, I was wrong.  I have now found how to access my actual account with actual details.  It tells me that I pay £38 for 6 summer months and £58 for 6 winter months.  So when I worked out total for year and then divided it by 12 months, the average price is  just under what I’ve been paying in the past year elsewhere. 

SO ALL IS GOOD AND I WILL RECOMMEND YOU TO MY FRIENDS.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

hi @thelma 

this is a little clearer now, if you check your emails you should find an email from Pure Planet asking you to verify your email, once you do that your switch will start. If you don’t respond to that email your switch won’t start. (I know helpful @Duppy has said this above, but my reason for repeating this is ,if you have no intention of completing the switch with PP you should notify the comparison website that you aren’t going ahead or it will prevent you from switching to a another provider should you wish to.

On the other hand as long as you’re now aware that the quote you’ve had includes membership fee, and you still have the option to cancel once logged in, then there’s no downside in giving PP a go!

I should also mention that you do know that PP split the direct debit price 60/40 over Winter Summer ? You’ll pay more until April then the lower price. (It woks out the same as your Annual cost for the amount you’re expected to use  over a yearI)

’m only mentioning this in case you aren’t aware of it, and in case the comparison site quoted an equal monthly payment. The quote from PP should you accept it will show the Colder and Warmer amounts (6 payments of each).

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @thelma 

When you say that you used a comparison site, did you verify your email address  sent to your email, if you did you can use that email to log into www.purepla.net, once logged in you should find a cancel switch button. If you didn't verify your email address you haven't started the switch

Userlevel 2

ok thank you for your replies.

I am a 72 year old pensioner, and I use a laptop computer. (i have a mobile which I can’t get on with the internet) but it is excellent for using for my shopping lists, and alarm reminders to replace my non existent memory.  I used a comparison site to choose the cheapest one, and somehow this came up good, so I choose it, but I don’t remember the name being pure planet!

Sorry if I’ve upset anyone, but I would really like to get out of this contract. I can’t even find a page which tells me what I am paying or what is the get out price.

Hi @thelma 

Welcome to the community! Thanks for posting.

I can see @stephenrand and @Duppy have already helped out loads, but just to add that our Membership fee is the equivalent of what other suppliers call the 'Standing charge'. It's included in your monthly direct debit cost and covers:
- Your meter maintenance
- Our people costs
- Operating and systems costs
- Our low profit margin
- VAT. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I choose pure planet via the internet because it offered an excellent rate. I agreed a contract. Now it’s too late to opt out.  They never even hinted that there was a MEMEMBERSHIP FEE OF £13.46 EVERY MONTH. In my opinion this is FRAUD. They have broken the contract that I agreed to.  What can I do about it ?

@thelma 

hi Thelma

I’m a bit puzzled by your post.

All the quotes I’ve ever had wherever they originated have always included the standing charges/mem. fee, are you saying you’ve had a comparison or quote which doesn’t show that?

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @thelma 

Any quote you get, regardless of if through a comparison site or direct with PP will include the membership fee but is detailed separate in the switching summary you received, this may have led to your confusion, but there is no fraud involved

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @thelma 

I've been trying to check whether your quote would include the membership fee (standing charge) someone else may know instantly.

If you are not on the fixed tariff, you can leave any time without charge. If you are on the fixed tariff, then the membership fee is clearly signposted, see below.

Be assured, you are on one of the cheapest tariffs available and it's 100 per cent green. So it's not all bad.

I'm pretty sure that if you came via a reputable price comparison site then it will have compared like with like in terms of standing charges.

Hope that helps

Stephen

Maybes read everything before switching? Albeit the standing charges of 44.25p per day is rather high, this will also depend on your area of the country.