Solved

Exit Fees

• 10 June 2019
  • 6 replies

I've heard that some companies will cover exit fees from other providers. I've been asked to pay £61 by Scottish Power to pay £61 for switching 49 days before the end of the tariff.

I've no doubt it was contained somewhere in the literature I got from them but, not easily accessible. Also, when I called them up to do the switch they didn't tell me about it.

Do Pure Planet ever cover these fees?
icon

Best answer by Jon1 10 June 2019, 10:53

Hi alexnewell.
As far as in aware PP do not cover these fees, however if you simply wait a few days then you will be able to switch without incurring any exit fees. There is a window before the end of any contract when you cant be charged any fees. Cant remember the exact timing but you can only be a few days off.i will have a look and report back.

Update.
Its 42 days.
So if you start your switch in 8 days time then under ofgem rules they cannot charge any exit fees.
View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Hi alexnewell.
As far as in aware PP do not cover these fees, however if you simply wait a few days then you will be able to switch without incurring any exit fees. There is a window before the end of any contract when you cant be charged any fees. Cant remember the exact timing but you can only be a few days off.i will have a look and report back.

Update.
Its 42 days.
So if you start your switch in 8 days time then under ofgem rules they cannot charge any exit fees.
Hi Alex,
Jon1 is absolutely correct.... Just wait until inside the 49 days then apply to switch.... it's your choice when you hit the switch button. This is what I did.... and my fees were scrapped by my old supplier.... it's the law.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hi jon1
I think it's 49 days but they have to inform you by 42 days point that you can switch - is my understanding but who knows, it's so badly written...
Jon1;30957:
Hi alexnewell.

Update.
Its 42 days.
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Just playing it safe woz. As you say its written to confuse so err on the side of caution just to be safe from reprisal.
Do pure planet charge exit fees?
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Hi MarPet7472,

Welcome to the community.

No supplier that is offering a variable tariff can charge an exit fee, as this only applies to a fixed "term" tariff.
PP has one tariff only, supplying 100% clean energy at cost price with no mark up and its variable so you always have that choice.

Have a great day