Solved

Energy switch failed

• 10 April 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

I switched to Pure Planet on uSwitch 3 weeks ago. Have not heard from you and am now paying a higher rate on British Gas having come off my deal. Should I wait or cancel my switch?

icon

Best answer by stephenrand 10 April 2021, 14:15

Hi @onefive95 

If I was you, I would go back to USwitch and ask why you haven't heard from Pure Planet. Or start the switch again, and look out for the verification email.

And it takes 17 days for the switch to go through, so even if it had started on 24 March you would still be with BG for a couple more days.

Stephen

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi

Did you receive a verification email from. PP, and did you approve this verification email?

You would've had to do this to complete your switch.

Have you checked your junk email folder? 

Userlevel 1

I switched on USwitch and received a conformation from them on 24th March saying I would hear from PP shortly. I have checked my junkmail. I dont seem to have anything from PP

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @onefive95 

If I was you, I would go back to USwitch and ask why you haven't heard from Pure Planet. Or start the switch again, and look out for the verification email.

And it takes 17 days for the switch to go through, so even if it had started on 24 March you would still be with BG for a couple more days.

Stephen

Userlevel 1

Thanks Stephen
Will do

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@onefive95 

just to add and only because of the way your question was phrased, this isn’t PP customer services, if you do need to contact CS use wattbot (help&support>ask a question.(not that there is any point at the moment)

I can’t understand why the process didn’t complete, it’s rare for the verification mail not to arrive, the most common problem is would be switchers not realising the process won’t complete unless that email is followed through. 

You should have received a verification email. You aren’t by any chance using hotmail are you?

Userlevel 1

Thanks for the advice woz. Yahoo mail and Ive searched my spam folder. Ive emailed USwitch as the best place to start.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@onefive95 

Thanks for replying, let us know what happens? (we’re a curious lot here!)